Buildbox 2.0

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jake, Nov 12, 2015.

1. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

yeah... now all we need to do is "wait"...

2. buman

buman Boxer

BB1 - Make Flappy Bird in 1 minute
    BB2 - Make Candy Crush under a minute :D
    I hope we can make more game with BB2, not just side scrolling style. ;)

3. nickm33

nickm33 Boxer

This is going to be soo amazing! We can't wait to make new worlds for Kitty Kites and make new games soon!
    Excellent work BuildBox team!!
    :D

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

If BB2 can develop a Candy Crush style game that would be VERY interesting. Anyone know if this is really possible??

5. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

The swipe control will be, I think. However, I think Trey has said that the "match 3" market is really already mastered, and so match 3 games aren't really the emphasis for bbox

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  6. buman

buman Boxer

Well @AndyG, this is just my expectation featured before BB Team showing BB2 in the event, now we all know that buildbox still stick at the side scrolling style game only.
    Puzzle games can be created using Buildbox like the Keys released last week by using checkpoint. But Matching game seem impossible with BB at the moment.
    To be honest, i am kind of disappointed that BB haven't go this game type on BB2 since other engines can do that for years already :)

AndyG and Wings n Armor like this.
  7. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I believe there will more to come.

8. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Well at the moment its all guess work till we get our hands on BB2 and see EXACTLY what it can and cannot do. And thats all part of the mystery and excitement :)

buman likes this.
  9. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

if you see from the screenshot in the launch video, there is a bunch of new presets for new type of games. If I am not wrong, the total is 26. So there is something (almost) for everybody.

Certain type of games like Candy Crush, @buman, would require additional "stuff", in this specific case a bi-dimensional array to keep track of the objects on screen and all of the logic that needs to be implemented specifically for this type of game alone.

So, unless it would make both "business" sense and be able to allow developers to deploy games powerpoint-style, it's very difficult that will be implemented. All the presets that we see have elements in common.

While it's true that this kind of games can be made with other engines, it's also true that the whole logic has still to be programmed... and if you do not know the platform or if you are a total newbie, this translates into weeks of book and tutorial digging. And this won't guarantee that you will not give up along the way.

Around my area they use to say: "While the doctor studies, the patient dies" meaning to say that while we take time to study the opportunity will pass on...

Buildbox minimize this time and you can quickly have a product ready to bring to market. Of course this should not stop you to be willing to create those games. Au contraire...

We have the unique opportunity to create products that can start to create some income, prove that our concepts are viable and then nothing stops us to employ people, use other platform and so on... something impossible using any other available product on the market.

That's one of the reasons why I am keeping totally silent about using Buildbox with my developer frineds... (sorry @TreySmith ;) ) but I see it as a "secret weapon" and I would like to keep it such...

pfg215, Sean Buildbox, buman and 2 others like this.
  10. buman

buman Boxer

Yes, I am a newbie, it's been a year, I'm just lazy guy sitting all day using Buildbox to make games.
    Agreed with you @netkomm that BB really a secret weapon and the strongest point of BB is bring your game to market after a night.
    I have "invested" almost $9k to the buildbox softwares including 2 Buildbox 1 full licenses, Master collection and upcoming buildbox 2, as a customers, nothing able stop me from expecting new features from the software that I love. The software that the core value is wipeout developers, minimized developing cost and make anyone be a real the game designer!
    Buildbox 2 is big realease, and we expected that the new version mind open some more possibility for us to make new kind of gameplay far more out of the side scrolling screen gametype. The platform game that can have some mini game or cut scene having some match puzzle inside them not rare on the market now, don't you think? You might think about using some hidden scenes from BB2, but it's still not really satisfy the idea.
    From my personal perspective after see the event and new buildbox features walkthrough from website, forum and videos, I will call this is
    versionCode="1.5" and versionName="2.0".
    No matter how, Buildbox still great and i am very happy consider myself as backer of the project.
    You and your team born to be amazing @TreySmith
    I guess @netkomm not the only one here doing that, our company have a very clear and precise non disclose too :D

11. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

Do you think with BB2 you can make a castlvania symphony of the night or legend of zelda type of game?

12. tomass_sarts

tomass_sarts Boxer

I'm really really excited!
    please don't forget the "sound on object hit/collide" It will be really required on my next game plans... thanks Buildbox team!!

13. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

For certain aspects, this is already available: if you have a bullet (which could be an object) colliding with the enemy, you could have your "sound on collide" the moment your object "dies" when hits the enemy.

pfg215 likes this.