Moving Character With Keyboard Node

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Koshinto, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

Does anyone know if "Keyboard Movement" is inactive in Beta? Seems only the auto move / scrolling movement nodes are functioning.

2. Devops

Devops Boxer

Keyboard button and Keyboard move don't seem to work for me, i suppose its not active in Alpha.

3. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

Sounds about right, even the official tutorial videos from the company only cover the auto move node and jump feature.

4. Evaldas

Evaldas Boxer

Hello! I'm waking up this thread with a question - are the nodes still inactive/not working properly or am I missing something?

All I want to do is just create a character, which I can move left and right and jump on a 3d platform with arrow keys on my keyboard (kind of 3d platformer), but connecting "Keyboard button" to "Move" nodes doesn't seem to work right, for example when button is released, the character continues to move or the speed seems to add with every press. And on "Keyboard move" node there's x-y axis - how would it be possible to move the opposite direction of X axis, because only 1 variable is available at an instance, so only left or only right direction.

Maybe somebody would have an advice how to set it up properly?