Solids? Not Pass Through (newbie)

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by NetTemple, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NetTemple

NetTemple Boxer

I was playing with several of the templates - one in particular, the DRAW. Trey actually demonstrated this in the launch video. But when I played it, The ball (player) passes right through the barrier walls. As a newbie, can someone advise me on what configuration of actions to make this happen? I like the basic premise of the key opening the door, but how would I make the wall physics "solid" and un-pass-through-able :) - or even have the ball bounce of the walls in stead of passing through? (sorry if this qualifies as a neophyte question)

2. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

There are some issues with collisions which is causing games to crash on preview which is why these are not enabled by default. Should be fixed for the next beta.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

This video posted by Nik yesterday should help.

4. Devops

Devops Boxer

The video shows how to set up a collider, but not how to fix the solid-traspassing-glitch which i believe will be fixed in the next beta.

5. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

I had this issue aswell, i increased the density of the walls to 5000 and this seemed to fix it, not sure if it was supposed to but it worked!

6. Devops

Devops Boxer

@jaydenf95 how did you set up the density? The walls in the DRAW demo doesnt seem to have a STARTING NODE,j ust the 3dModel NODE.

7. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

It should have the starting node, it might be bugged, the other games modes have it. What you could do is create a new object and just replace the walls. If you choose to do it that way then click start and on the right hand side 3rd from the bottom is the density option. Make sure to have physics on and set to static.

8. Devops

Devops Boxer

Did it, and no luck. I added a CUBE, PHYSICS on and STATIC, the result is still a 'not-solid' cube.
    See Screenshots.

Attached Files:

9. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

what is the yellow ball? actor? have you set up collision on the ball?

10. Devops

Devops Boxer

Yeah, the yellow guy is the actor just like in the DRAW template. Collission is on.