Thatguyminib's Smart Assets!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thatguyminib, Jul 28, 2018.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Hey everyone! So far I have created two smart assets for everyone to use in there BB3 projects!

The first is a random number generator which can be found here : https://gum.co/wIAFBb

The second is a bit more complex and hopefully will be very useful to everyone in their projects.

Detect Swipe Direction Character

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2).gif

The Detect Swipe Direction Character can be downloaded here: https://gum.co/KnnnM
    This smart asset is for Buildbox 3 and will detect if the player swipes up, down, left and right. I decided to make it also move in each direction that is swiped and put in a death animation as well from Kenny assets in order to give you all a bit more than just a node that will detect the swipe direction and output a signal. I hope you all enjoy!

Don't worry everyone! This is only the beginning ;).

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Thats awesome.
    Thanks for that.

thatguyminib likes this.
  3. thatguyminib

Thanks! :D

No problem! I was making a game and saw there was no node or smart asset for it yet so figured I would create one and share it with everyone! :D

adrogdesigns likes this.
  4. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Love the little spat at the end to !
    Thanks

5. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

WHOA!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks a whole lot mate!! :)

6. Akisum

Akisum Boxer

Thanks alot man. I have never coded myself but was trying to make the random number generator.
    Also the direction swipe will come in handy for future projects. :)

7. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Thanks.Great job. I hadn't seen this. I hope they start a permanent thread for shared assets. You should probably post this in the BB 3D beta thread. That's the only one I look in right now except for announcements.

8. thatguyminib

Hey there everyone it has been a while! I just wanted to let you all know that I have created another Smart Asset, well actually two Smart Assets that go hand in hand with one another.

Generic Spaceship $5
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (21).gif

The Generic Spaceship can be downloaded here: https://gum.co/spaceship

This smart asset is for Buildbox 3 and comes with a spaceship as well as the bullet to fire. In the gif above you can see that I have a variable exposed for the Shooting Cooldown and you can adjust this to make the ship shoot faster or slower. It also has a variable for health and once the health is below zero it will destroy itself. There is plenty more info when you click the link below so if you are interested check it out!

I will also be updating it as well when I have to time so if you get it you will have access to all future updates. The next update I have planned for it is to account for multiple guns! :D I hope you all enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  9. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

You should probably mention in you post that you're charging $5 for this, and I'm not against this, I just think it should be disclosed up front. I knew this would come and likely there will be a Web site(many?) where BB3 assets can be uploaded, and available for free or paid as with all the 3D modeling sites. Maybe BB3 assets will just become a category on one of those sites, which probably makes the most sense in the long run. I hope people keep the simple bbassets free for awhile at least and only the very complex offerings will command money. Good luck with yours @thatguyminib and thanks for sharing.

Bill

Christoph likes this.
  10. thatguyminib

Thanks for the feedback! Made a change and added it to the post :).

Yeah, the main reason I am charging 5 dollars is that I plan to update it as I work on it and add more things/features to it.

Christoph likes this.
  11. thatguyminib

Hey, everyone, there is an Update to the Generic Spaceship Smart Asset!

Update
    : Character now has a SingleShot and DualShot. On the SpawnDualBullet node, you can adjust the X pos variable in order to adjust it to your liking. This is controlled by 2 boolean variables. If you want it to be a single shot then make sure single shot is true and the dual shot is false, if you would like a dual shot make sure dual shot is true and single is false.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (22).gif

Next Update: The next update will more than likely be a way to where if it collides with a certain object it will flip the bool. So essentially the new update will be powerups :D

12. thatguyminib

Hey, everyone, there is an Update to the Generic Spaceship Smart Asset!

Update #2: Added a DualPowerUp asset. The Character now has an exposed variable called DualShotTimer that you can set for the amount of time you want the dual shot to stay on for once the player hits the power up.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (24).gif

Next Update: Thinking about making a shield power-up that will let the player be invincible until it is hit next. Not too sure. If anyone has any ideas they want, feel free to let me know :D

spicedbeangames and Roberto P like this.
  13. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Oh my god :)

14. thatguyminib

Haha so recently a lot of people liked this. If BB3 release is a great step forward I will try to make some more :)