Buildbox 3 Future Ideas.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AppNasty, Jul 26, 2018.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So, after testing alpha and watching new event video, decided to make an ideas post. This is intended for FUTURE updates. Don't be postponing bb3 release over this BB devs lol.
    Add in your ideas! Here's some of mine.
    1. Team Work: Would be awesome if we have a connect to partner mode. Enter partners code (like in team viewer) and both load project in bb live. If you change something, it changes for me. Then, each person says what they are going to work on. You're doing gfx, I'm designing levels etc.

2. .fbx support and not just .obj.

3. Ability to position ad banners. Bottom...top...etc.

4. Now that bb3 will offer live updates weekly, would be neat to combine this with @TreySmith old idea of an online store. One where we can upload templates or nodes. Instead of html5 games, make it so boxers can just download a bbdoc sampler of others work, play it that way.

5. Direct ability to add our own presets. I remember someone once telling trey that if you add the bbdoc into presets folder and make a gif, it will show in presets menu. Would be cool to be able to do this directly. The benefit? Well, for me, I'm a speedy dev. I like to come up with quick unique game ideas then move on to another. After I have a bunch, I then decide which I wish to go for. Making it so we can add these as presets saves loads of time.

2. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@OneHitGamer , the most important I do agree with your second point, not only .obj support but also fbx , well not sure about others

AppNasty likes this.
  3. micdune

micdune Boxer

Spine support would be awesome when it comes to 2D.

AppNasty likes this.
  4. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

.fbx support prior to release is a must.

From what I remember Trey saying in a live stream from awhile back, they want to do more in-depth Steam support, console support, multiplayer, and collaboration features for the first major updates after release. Which all sounds fantastic to me. :)

AppNasty likes this.
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes, infact as @TreySmith mentioned, this would be phenomenal as no need to wait for new presets and major updates only when a version is announced, instead every Friday is really amazing, so far everything seems to be aligned perfectly in one direction, hoping so blasts out, the most exciting part are the different states, eventually it will become so simpler to play with different states and come out with something new, Nick’s rotoswing is simply amazing :):cool:

AppNasty likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yup yup. True.
    And @NikRudenko and @TreySmith, how many people are coding BB? Is it JUST nik? If it is....lord almighty Nik is a ninja. But I've always wondered how many people do you have programming BB.

7. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Nik does all the prototyping, but there are 5-6 coders at any given time in the company :)

adrogdesigns and AppNasty like this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Oh wow. Didn't know that. Sweet.

9. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Would be awesome to be able to create a public variable on a node that references a certain object and also another one that creates an array of objects that you can just drag into the array or pick from a dropdown.

AppNasty and swnam12 like this.
  10. andreas_malmqvist

andreas_malmqvist Boxer

I would love to have the ability to export/import nodes.

AppNasty likes this.
  11. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

From what I saw during the webinar, you could probably copy from one and paste into another.

AppNasty likes this.
  12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ability to import and export nodes is there now.

13. snowflake

snowflake Boxer

How?, I see that you can export the asset that you have created the node on, but I did not find any export option for the selected node.

14. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Just right click on it Bro it should be there !

15. snowflake

snowflake Boxer

Well, no luck here, ex. add a Script node, right click... nothing. ? Sure you are not talking about the asset ?

16. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I assume you meant you couldn't find the "import" option. You just drag in your bbasset into BB3 and it'll drop in the right place for you.

17. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Thank you for open this thread @OneHitGamer :D

I already did suggested some new features to buildbox:

* - Developer Portal to control the buildbox licenses and download center (Click Here) :)
    *- 2D sprite on 3D scene, To make games like paper mario or classic doom (Click Here) :)
    *- Multiple collision hit-boxes on one object and can be defined in Nodes, Think of making a fighting game or melee games with ease.
    *- Local multiplayer game support, If online possible this will be very awesome.
    *- Web HTML5 game support.

AppNasty likes this.
  18. KB Games

KB Games Boxer

Do you think it is possible to write code with the new javascript feature to add local multiplayer.

Qdeveloper and AppNasty like this.
  19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

That would be interesting. What say you @thatguyminib ??? possible?

20. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I believe so! Only thing is they do not have a .exe export yet so it would be kind of useless lol but you could have two character each set up with different key presses so one would move with WASD and the other with arrow keys