Buildbox 3.0 Beta Development Plan

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Jul 26, 2018.

1. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

1- advertising support is very important. Can you tell when the advertising support will come?

2- Should we load the characters in obj format? From which sites can we buy these?

2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

AaroArts likes this.
  3. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Ok. Guys. looks like Advertisement support is SUPER important for you. Ok I hear you. will bump priority then.

4. dgs_stan

dgs_stan Boxer

@NikRudenko
    How far away is the support for fbx format Nik?

Stan

mrcarson likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko Thank you so much! Can't wait for it!

6. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Would really love a way to be able to add a variable to a node that took in an object and also able to create an array of objects would be nice as well on the node so we can just plop them in and reference that instead of doing .find all the time, specially if we have a bunch of objects we want in an array that have different names. Maybe even have tags would be cool to tag an object. @NikRudenko

7. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

we have some cool idea for Spawner Node/Asset that can do similar. But right now you can use "this.scene().create('AssetName')" if you want to create asset

8. thatguyminib

I was mainly just trying to figure out a way to do frame by frame animation by going through all child objects and activating/deactivating them and would be nice to just have a public type of array on a node, determine how many index's to have and then just plop in whatever objects I want so I have easy access to them and easy way to set up the array. :)

9. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

You get BB3 with your current subscription.

10. rywnshyhq

rywnshyhq Boxer

I know everyone is wanting ad support, but I think that should be one of the last things to be added. I'm sure there are a lot of much more important things to tackle first.

jmiller8031 and wayne_martell like this.
  11. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

We really need that API documentation. I've gotten stuck many times over the day because I don't know how a particular function might work or if what I need even exists. The sooner we get it the sooner those of us with the capabilities can share assets and help others. I know it's already been said that it is coming soon, but I can't stress enough how important it is. People are getting stuck on things I should be able to answer on Discord, but can't because of this, and some are getting discouraged already. Please don't lower the priority of it and get it done ASAP. Thank you.

12. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Yes what's the point of ads if the software doesn't work Lol!

13. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

yes, we need a lot of documentation @jmiller. We have Erik on our team starting on the basics here:

http://help.buildbox.com/buildbox-3-articles

API Documentation will heavily rely on Nik, and he's aware. We talked about it before launch, but we had some hang ups and it was either: A) Delay release and have more documentation or B) Get it out there, document in real time, and play catch up.

We went with B ;)

AndyG, jmiller8031 and thatguyminib like this.
  14. thatguyminib

@TreySmith I have to say I am loving all of the communication and upfrontness, is that even a word lol, about everything! I know if takes a bit of time out of your day to keep us all updated and in the loop but I think I can speak for everyone and say it is greatly appreciated!

adrogdesigns likes this.
  15. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes that's also one of the most important factor to consider publishing a cool complete product, hardly need the ads stuff

volcank likes this.
  16. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes it's certainly one of the prior important Nik to release a super sexy polished 3D product

17. thatguyminib

Something that would be nice is a way to bring in other types of lights as well as possibly being able to use the node system with them as well.

18. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

question
    what programming language is being used in the script part ?.. for someone like me with no coding background and looking to expand .. i think this platform is great to learn coding as we can build game right away then improve with little coding implementation .. the work BB team doing is impressive !

19. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

BB3 uses javascript as programming language for nodes. I think it would be very cool if nodes will be added to BB2 for 2d games as well

20. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Javascript