I Watched 3.0 Event. Thank U Buildbox!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by SAvas, Jul 26, 2018.

1. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

I watched the Buildbox 3.0 Beta Event. It was a great presentation. Thanks to all buildbox builders. I do not understand a topic. Will we be able to build on iOS and android with the beta version?

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

IOS yes, Android I do not know yet.
    Note that it is a Beta version, it is not the final version of BB3.

3. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

Thank you. When will the download link reach us?

4. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Trey mentioned android support in the video.

5. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Was this available to watch on mobile?
    I was watching the countdown then it said thanks for watching

6. micdune

micdune Boxer

That was a great presentation @TreySmith , pretty excited now and huge congrats to the team.

I had a question you might answer maybe: do you think we can setup distance based achievements with scripting and trigger in game messaging when it happens? The software is great but retention these days is based also on how you reward the player on the long run.

7. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

They still have the event observer, so you should be able to do this for sure.

On the event of x distance, give player x achievement.

8. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Event was great. BB3 looks amazing. The only downside - 1am for the beta to arrive :( lol

Phill Mason likes this.
  9. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Guess us Brits have a few hours extra to start making some cool 3D assets :)

10. chrissy_wissy2

chrissy_wissy2 Avid Boxer

with this heatwave in the UK, especially here in London we would all be wide awake at 1am anyway!

mrcarson and Phill Mason like this.
  11. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@TreySmith yes it was so amazing and indeed a hit one. Loved the way you passed through every single phase to explain even if it was just an overwiew, waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.......:):):):):):):)

12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

BB3 will be a unity killer in my opinion. You can make anything. And nodes will be added in as we go and others create them. I feel a ton of other devices software people will be jumping over to BB now. At least within 1st year it's been out. Someone here is going to make a super sweet 3d game and when people find out it was made with BB3 in weeks versus months or years, they will come.

I wonder if nodes can be used for UI? Like...to record stats or allow rpg style level up/get stronger etc. Or even for a fighting game or adventure game where this button ounches, this button kicks...this button throws fireball. This button holds up shield....this button triggers talking to locals. Would be sweet.

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Just watched the video and yes, it looks great. Congratulations @NikRudenko and @TreySmith and all the team. Amazing job. Now I have to learn JavaScript instead of C#. :) Anyone can recommend a good tutorial?

spicedbeangames likes this.
  14. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Tutorial for just the syntax? JavaScript.com is owned by pluralsight. It looks like it would help you out. You have to be careful. A lot of JS tutorials are geared toward web design and will show you stuff you won’t even need to know. The syntax isn’t that different than C#. If anything it’s easier. C# has more features you won’t need to worry about in JS.

You could also go to the dark side and look at Unity tutorials on Unity’s main site. They’re written in both C# and JS so you can just directly compare the two. Like this one https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials...cripts-as-behaviour-components?playlist=17117

15. micdune

micdune Boxer

Fingers crossed! The current system we have in buildbox 2.3.6 is completely archaic now so hopefully BB3 will improve that.

16. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Surely BB3 can make 2d games also, giving us the 'z' axis to add some depth like in Unity. I am certainly going to give that a try. I know 2d stuff will be coming later in the Summer but hey, its worth just playing around in it.

17. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Yeah, it shouldn’t be too difficult to put image sequences on a flat plane to make 2D looking games. They have an orthographic camera setting in there so there shouldn’t be anything stopping you from doing it.

I’m hoping they have tile mapping and other 2D essentials when BB3 gets official 2D support in the future.

18. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Wonder if we can do games like City Skylines in BB3. If not, that'd be something I could see Unity still being useful for.

If we CAN do Tycoon type games in BB3 though, I'll be ecstatic.

19. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Lol. Sure was. I tried doing some things like that in BB2 and it was a mess.

From what they showed off at the event though, BB3 should be able to handle this just fine.

Will be able to answer your question for certain here in a few hours though, which is very cool. :D

#excited

micdune likes this.
  20. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

If ordered BB now, will I get BB 3 ?

patostar and AppNasty like this.