how to capture the screen - for game trailers

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by eyal, Mar 28, 2016.

1. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

I have seen some really cool game trailers here - can you guys share how you make them ?
    How do you capture the screen in a way that the video will look great and not fuzzy for example

2. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

I use adv screen recorder. Works fine and can be in high quality. Of course the editing needs to be done yourself on the pc/ mac :)
    The captured video upload it to dropbox and then download it and start editing your awesome video :)

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

For iPhone + Mac combo you can use QuickTime Player to capture video from your phone while it is connected to the Mac via Lightening cable...

JustWatchApps likes this.
  4. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

thank you @trudnai - I find that capturing the simulator bring better results

5. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

mac or pc?

7. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

mac

8. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

what do u mean ?

9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

fraps is a windows screen capture program... that's why I asked, but if your on a mac, then I would suggest what @trudnai suggested and then just edit what you get in imovie or screenflow if you have it but imovie comes with your mac so always an option

there is a site explaining the quicktime option that was mentioned in another thread

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...-i-make-a-trailer-for-my-app.3039/#post-19282

eyal likes this.
  10. Yiliaaaa

Yiliaaaa Boxer

If you want that your video looks great and is not fuzzy, you should firstly get a high quality screen recorder. It allows you to cut your recording into different sections, skip any needless parts, customize related parameters, like resolution, codec, sample rate, bit rate, etc. And it can let you save your recording to any popular format or portable device.

11. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

ScreenFlow works great for mac. I use it for videos and allow you to cut/edit/add anything to the video as well.

12. huaying

huaying Boxer

For windows user, windows 10 has a built-in feature to record screen. For Mac, you can use QuickTime Player. But you have a high quality requirement, you'd better try a few other screen recorders.