Game Feedback - Pixel Bro: Endless Runner

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by seabreeezy, Jul 19, 2018.

1. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

TheGameAppStudio and JustBraden like this.
  2. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

Hey, I like it! You have a very nice setup which I admire. The levels are somewhat difficult but that’s good.

Yes, there are some things that need to be changed. On the shop, there’s two items marked as “best offer”. One of them should be changed to “best value”. Also, I feel like the levels are a bit overpriced and the user will either pay for coins or quit the game. It’s good to add at least one level that’s affordable without paying, just for something new.

The biggest glitch for me is the screen size. I’m using an iPhone X, and the game doesn’t entirely fit on my screen, leaving the top and bottom cropped off. I think the fix is to change it so that the game fits vertically instead of horizontally, so it works across all devices. It’s hard to play on my phone because I cannot see the ground.

Overall it’s a great game, good luck!

3. Applixir Kyle

Applixir Kyle Boxer

Fun game! I can easily see myself sinking a few hours into this trying to beat my own score and others. I almost want to say that the jump should be faster, right now I feel as though the character is jumping through low gravity. Not sure how much that would take away from the gameplay though. All in all good stuff.

4. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

@JustBraden Thanks for the feedback, I'm working to change the shop now. I'm having a difficult time getting my next build approved as I keep getting rejected for not having a good way to restore consumable coin purchases (since you can buy characters with coins I guess?). Sounds like a problem other people have had in the past. And good feedback about the price and cost per level! That's something I'll look at.

I had a heck of a time getting the iPhone X to display things properly. I tried changing the Screen adjustment to Fit To Width, Fit to Height, I messed with all my buttons/images/objects in the UIs to Stick to Edge and then not sticking to edge, but I just couldn't ever get it to look right on the iPhone X. Kinda frustrating but I'll revisit that at some point.

@Applixir Kyle thanks for note about the jump force or gravity, I'll play with that a bit and see if I can get it a bit more natural.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

JustBraden likes this.
  5. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

And by "I had a heck of a time" I mean, I'm still having a hard time. I can't get it quite right - everything looks pretty mashed together.

6. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Us auto instead of fit to height and width.

7. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

Yeah, tried that too with no luck. Is that what it’s set to by default? Maybe I’m just missing that perfect combo of screen adjustment setting + Stick to edge.

8. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Remove stick to edge
    Then you’ll be good
    And use Auto

9. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

Attached are a few screenshots of giving that a shot. It certainly looks better.. but still a little strange to me. After removing Stick to Edge and changing to Auto, my UIs still have room on the left and right sides of the screen (in one of the screenshots you'll see the background of the level I just quit). Definitely looks better but still looks odd compared to other iPhones.

after_auto.png removed_stick_to_edge.png before.png

10. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

But @adrogdesigns thank you for the tip! Will definitely be familiarizing myself with those a bit more.

11. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

You can drag and extend your background all the way to the edge ;)

12. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

That's what I've kinda struggled with - see screenshot. My background fills what looks to be the frame, but that frame's not the same size as what's seen on iPhone X or iPad? So it feels like kind of a guessing game of how far outside that frame I need to stretch the background (not the end of the world, it's manageable, it just wasn't something I accounted for out of the get go when putting this together). I'm sure I'm missing something else here.

Attached Files:

13. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

What we usually do is to separate the elements from the background. This gives us flexibility to stretch the background whilst maintaining the aesthetics of the other elements... In your case it would be just pulling the background with the lines. :) Hope it helps

seabreeezy likes this.