Windows To Mac

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Spireta, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

good day everyone !

Ive been working in a game for days everything is going great no issues with it . Just a question !

I want to upload my game on IOS store but i have a windows pc , luckly my girlfriend has a mac book . The question is simple : i know how to upload the game from the mac but what steps do i need to take to send the game to mac ? Do i just download buildbox on the mac and send the file ? Or is there more to it ???

Thank you.

2. PLASSA

PLASSA Boxer

Just download Buildbox on your Mac and then send the BBDoc file from your pc to your mac and continue work from there.
    If your game is already complete you can just export your game to IOS from Buildbox and send those files to your mac and from there publish through xcode :)

Spireta likes this.
  3. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

Thanks ! This helps me alot , i just dont know what xcode really is . You see , im a university student in computer science and i write codes only from my windows pc . The only thing i know about xcode is that is the equivalent of my windows c++ and other languages. What part is buildbox project has to do with xcode and why is it necesary ? Im a bit againts apple products to be honest :p

4. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

Also , does the BBDoc file contains everything i used for the game ?

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hi, you do not have to install BB on MAC.
    From your PC where you have installed BB, you have to export to iOS, choose the location and wait for the folders to be created.
    That folder, you can copy it to your MAC using a pen drive.
    On your MAC, you must have Xcode installed, and follow the manual:
    https://www.buildbox.com/guides/

If you install BB on MAC, keep in mind that if you have a different Text font, and you have text added, the font will not be the same if you don't have it installed.

Spireta likes this.
  6. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

i see , thank you ! and thanks for the guide as well ! :)