How To Fit A Background Without It Moving

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by todderick_hall, Jul 8, 2018.

1. todderick_hall

todderick_hall Boxer

"Hey I was testing a tap screen building game which I want to use a picture of a barnyard as the background but I want the screen to stand still no moving up or down what setting should I use and what size should I do the barnyard .png to fit the screen perfectly?"....BigBabyStreet

Attached Files:

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi there @todderick_hall, with your background image selected in the left menu, change the "speed" on the right menu to 0. It defaults to 1 so the background moves, but setting it to zero will make it static.

Regarding the size, it really depends on how big you want i too appear in the background, but as a general rule, I make full screen backgrounds (for a portrait game) iphone 5 height and iPad width, so that's 1136H x 768W. This way your background scans well for both devices. You can see the resolution at the top window when you preview your game. Try a few sizes and make sure you'll happy with the look on both iphone and ipad.

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 13.30.44.png

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. todderick_hall

todderick_hall Boxer

Thanks for the help Mr mason I will continue to try to stretch the barnyard picture out now I want to stretch out buildings .png files to fit the game screen, I have different buildings on a .eps file that I can pull off of the .eps sheet but I was wondering what size should I pull them off of the .eps file and resize them so when they fit the game screen in full size they won't look so pixelated?

Thanks Again
    BigBabyStreet
    p.s here's a .png of a building at the bottom of 2 buildings I'm trying to resize to a buildbox game screen

Attached Files: