Text Outer Stroke

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by JustBraden, Jun 29, 2018.

1. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

how do you get a thick black border around text? This is for the coin shop so I can’t import images, it has to be the game font. Shadows won’t work because you cannot adjust the opacity, and the stroke tool doesn’t have the option for an outer stroke.

When I apply a thick stroke, it leaks into the main text and looks soft and hard to read.

2. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

What do you mean you can't import images ? You can. So premake the image or text you want in your game with PS, GIMP or other program and that's it. Or just use the stroke option and pick another font.

3. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

I said I cannot import images because it has to be the game font. That means the scoreboard and amount of coins you currently have. It’s a number that can change. It cannot be a static image.

4. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

Oh, sorry my mistake, so the only way is to use bigger font (thicker) and add stroke, that's what I did.

JustBraden likes this.
  5. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

@JustBraden, what @yEzass mentioned. Just created 2 different font styles in the Fonts menu. Then in the menu where you want those to appear just drop in the Two versions one on top of the other. You CAN set opacity to any color you set in BB. Under the color setting, you'll have an option for Opacity.

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 10.11.54 AM.png

JustBraden and yEzass like this.
  6. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

There is no opacity setting for Windows, unless it’s hidden very well. I have been trying to find it for a long time but the color chooser layout is different.

7. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Can you screen cap what you have for a color palette? I'm on a mac.

8. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

alpha color set it from 0 to 255

JustBraden likes this.