Trixel Rocket - Devlog 01

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jerry, Jun 24, 2018.

1. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Hey all, just posted my first video devlog. I'm talking shortly about what I have been looking at the last couple of weeks but hope to do devlogs on progress of the game every week if not twice a week. We shall see.

Now back to work on the game.

I'm going to try to start throwing in some tips on what I have learned and or am trying to accomplish along the way. This is my first devlog so lots to learn for me in not only game dev but also pushing myself out there.

ElVitz, viking, Lamora and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Cool video really easy to watch

jerry likes this.
  3. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks @Lamora Trying to build up a social media base before I launch. Still TONS to do. One of the big questions for myself is, do I want to try to get this published or just publish myself. Answer...Not sure.

4. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

I had a talk lately with some publisher that contact me about Galaxy Rush, really nice guys they have lot of ideas and experience and what is important advertising budget, they will also want so you will make some changes in the game, i don't havea deal yet but it was really useful experience

But for now all of my games i publish myself focusing on ASO and some social media but i found it not really worth it i have 7K fallowers on Insta mixing Lifstyle and work, in my opinion works well with some horror games ,crazy ones (goat simulator) or completely something new
    Anything that have viral potential

Here is some nice article about deal with publishers:
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...oid-getting-screwed-in-a-game-publishing-deal

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  5. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks for the link @Lamora I'll definitely give it a read later this afternoon.

6. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Nice devlog @jerry its always great to see the work processes of other boxers.

7. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Just want to say that this video and the one you posted about HexEye is great. I'm a fan of the devlogs sir. Very passionate about games. I need this positivity myself

8. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks @DariusGuerrero. I'm excited by your new game coming out. Also can't wait to see what your experiences are for all of the platforms you've created them for. I'm hoping after Trixel Rocket, I'll start developing Hexeye and would love to create it for all the same platforms instead of just mobile. I might need to pick your brain when the time comes.

If I haven't yet, GOOD LUCK with the new launch on July 4th!!

9. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks @MattWills I'm going to try to keep it up. I really want to push to finish the game and get it launched.

10. BTC Studio

BTC Studio Boxer

Enjoyed the devlog video definitely keep them coming!

11. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer