Avatar That Is Customizable And Will Save After The App Closes

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by goingnova, Jun 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. goingnova

goingnova Boxer

How can I create an avatar that is customizable AND will save after the game closes?
    So The next time the game opens the saved avatar should appear and have the new items when the game closed last. Similar to Subway Surfer. You can change the avatar and buy item for them.

2. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Are you talking about multiple characters?

3. goingnova

goingnova Boxer

Yes. I have a set of 4 unlocked characters or avatars.
    As rewards and bonus points build up, you'll be able to use the points to buy items for your avatar. Each item would have attributes that allow the avatar to become faster, better guns, etc… But the items are attached to the avatar, like a fortnite avatar carries a different weapon.
    I'm hopping to save the avatar when the game closes.

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

@goingnova Once you purchase a character, then you will always have it available after the purchase whether it be in game currency etc...

5. goingnova

goingnova Boxer

You don't purchase a character / avatar, you only build upon the avatar with the item(s) you buy. your avatar keeps the item(s) purchased and will have the item(s) throughout the game. But I need a way to save that info when closing the game.

6. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

That's not currently possible with BB2. :-(

7. ramjetsy7

ramjetsy7 Boxer

Couldn't you have a single character unlock, the unlock image is the item to purchase, and the button unlocks the character you've already created that has that item? So to the user it looks like they've purchased the item, but it's really just a cloned character with that item included in its default animation.

You'd need a shop for each character though, and the items would have to be progressively purchased, I think...

1. Purchase Shield (unlock cloned character with shield)
    2. Purchase Sword (unlock new cloned character with shield and sword)

and so on.

As long as user doesn't clear data, the game will reopen with latest character

Sorry if I've misunderstood your question.

goingnova likes this.
  8. goingnova

goingnova Boxer

Thanks remjetsy7 for the ideas.
    I understand what you are saying. But where and how does the data save that when the game is reopened that it remembers the characters items or stats.

Thanks

"Couldn't you have a single character unlock, the unlock image is the item to purchase, and the button unlocks the character you've already created that has that item? So to the user it looks like they've purchased the item, but it's really just a cloned character with that item included in its default animation.

You'd need a shop for each character though, and the items would have to be progressively purchased, I think...

1. Purchase Shield (unlock cloned character with shield)
    2. Purchase Sword (unlock new cloned character with shield and sword)
    and so on.
    As long as user doesn't clear data, the game will reopen with latest character
    Sorry if I've misunderstood your question.