Back/sides Deletion Threshold

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Muris01, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Muris01

Muris01 Boxer

Hello Buildbox forum,

So i've created my first game "Running Brickman" (LINK) and everything went smoothly so far but what i have noticed is that after one update game started lagging when you play it.

I wonder maybe it's because of back/sides deletion thresholds which i've set to 30/30?
    Is it better to have higher values or how this works, so far i followed several suggestions but none helped.

Maybe it's because of forced movement which is 30 min, 45 max. and main character values?

Anyway it would be great if someone can share some tips about optimization so that lag is eliminated.

Some info:

-Game has 15 sections using random alignment,
    -Automatic movement of the main character,
    -User decides when he is jumping,
    -Enemies have attached emitters
    -Enemies have random directions of movement
    -When coins (action) are picked up action animation plays particle emitters (Total particles 8, Emission rate 10, life 5 - 1, speed 260-20)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Muris

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

And you've checked the number of Atlases and nothing crazy going on there? 5 or so?
    Is there any Ads on the game screen that can cause lag also?

3. Muris01

Muris01 Boxer

Hi AndyG,

There are 3 atlases, width and height is 1024 with padding 4.
    3rd atlas is not even filled contains few game assets.

I have used optimize and rebuild options few times as well.

No, ads are not shown when you play the game, only before and after gameplay.

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

OK well I can only suggest trying some testing with the Deletion Threshold. Open up a template and find out the defaults and then set your game to those and see how it plays. If no difference then something else is causing the issue. What it is I have no idea.

Also, when you say its lagging this is on the device right. It could obviously be where the issue is. Test on another device and see how it plays there.