Easiest Way To Take App Screenshots Sizes?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by spicedbeangames, Jun 12, 2018.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hi all

I remember reading or seeing a video(which I cant find) saying that you can use something like iMovie or Final cut to create all the different screenshot sizes you need for the App store.

Does anyone know about this or have suggestions?

Thanks

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I hated that process when uploading to apple lol. What I did tho was use FULL HD on BB and take as high of a shot I could using built in screen shot button, then, downsize them using paint to correct rez's. Also I would just open pain and create NEW one the highest rez they demanded and then take 3 screenshots and place them in the sile image. So it's 3 screenshots per image as people swiped.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  3. spicedbeangames

Thanks for the reply. I swear there was some software that pumped out all the resolutions in 1 click?! LOL. Maybe I was thinking if App preview in iMovie. Pah!

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

There are lots of app store screen shot generators out there. https://www.appstorescreenshot.com the question is which ones do iPhone5/6, iPad, and iPhoneX. Most do the smaller and iPad versions.

5. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

Yes, that is a slightly boring part of the game uploading process, it would be very convenient if we had the option "Appstore Screenshot" on the preview window!

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Your screenshots are very important. They essentially are the one thing that sells your game, so you should take the time to make them 100% perfect.

Personally, the best thing I find to do is take say 30+ screenshots from an actual device, then choose the best 5.

From here, you can import them into your photo editing software.
    Then for any that are slightly off, or not showing the exact thing you were hoping to capture, use your screenshot as a template and use your actual assets to recreate a new screenshot.

There’s a good podcast by @Kevin W about screenshots on his website. I recommended giving it a listen :D

spicedbeangames, jerry and Kevin W like this.
  7. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@AaroArts - Thanks dude - Totally agree ^^
    Guys, don't under estimate the importance of your screenshots / App Previews - It's your shop window!

You can Listen on the Link below where we cover screenshots:
    https://risinghighacademy.com/10/

spicedbeangames and AaroArts like this.
  8. spicedbeangames

Thanks for the tips guys. It's not so much adding some spice to screenshots, I just wanted a lazier way to take different resolutions for iPads, iPhone X etc. I plan to use iMovie and use some recorded footage