Game Play Like Rise Up!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by tributorock, Jun 1, 2018.

1. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make a game with gameplay like Rise Up! but with some diferences:

Game Rise Up!

My version

- Static Scenario where in the center of the screen i will have a planet
    - I will use the character like a ship that will colide and destroy enemies that will move to colide and destroy the planet. Enemies: Asteroids, ships, bullets, missel and etc....
    - I will put a time for each level. When time is done the player win the level an go to the next

Problems:

- I did some part of gameplay but i can´t do some stuff:

1 - How to get character died if planet is destroyed by enemies? I want when planet is destroyed, character dies and go to game over screen

2- How to avoid character destroy planet when they collide?

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

1. Click on planet, then on right where its settings are, click defeated animation. Inside there, place an object and make its size like 35/35. [bigger than entire screen] and set that object to ENEMY....and setup its stats like damage etc. Set its opacity to 0. Now, when enemies KILL the planet, the planets very own death animation will be an invisible LARGE enemy that collides with player, killing player.

2. I would Make planets health 9999. Make players damage 1. Make enemies health 1 and their damage 99999. This way you can hit them and destroy them, You can collide with planet and only deliver 1 damage out of its 9999 health, which stops u from killing it. BUT if enemy hits the planet, they deliver 99999 damage. killing planet.

kazemaru00 and Leighton like this.
  3. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Thanks man

4. Titus

Titus Boxer

HI, new boxer. How were you able to make the object be below the item swiping (finger like point) and how were you able to control both?

5. ellochewy

ellochewy Boxer

Could you please explain how the mechanics for Rise Up would work? So essentially, you would need the falling objects to be enemies, the balloon to be an object, and the cursor to be a character? Then, you would need to give your character a lot of health so that it doesn't take damage from the enemies. Finally, the death animation on the balloon should have enough damage to kill the character. Is this right?

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yes. And make the death animation object huge. Like 45/45. About sums it up.

7. ellochewy

ellochewy Boxer

Okay, but if the falling objects are enemies how do you make them do damage to objects (balloon)? It looks like enemies can only damage the character.

Also, when I put a large object in the defeated animation of the balloon and set it as an enemy that destroys the character, the defeated animation automatically shows at the start of the game even though the balloon hasn't been defeated yet. Any ideas as to why this happens?

Thanks for your help here :)

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok, first of all make the object inside the balloons death animation 0 visibility. So you don’t see anything. Second, set the falling objects to kill ALL. But make moveable object that protects balloon have like 99999999999 health. this way the falling objects actually attack balloon and blocker object but do hardly no damage to blocker so it looks as if they don’t attack it at all.

9. ellochewy

ellochewy Boxer

Awesome, thanks for the insights!

AppNasty likes this.