Event Observer (total Coins) Problem

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Wolverine_BB, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Wolverine_BB

Wolverine_BB Boxer

Hey Boxers,

I'm ocurring a problem trying to implement a special "Character Unlock UI" after Game Over. In order to do this. I placed an "Event Observer: Total Coins / Session Total: 100 Coins" into my Game Over UI. So far it works fine, but once I reached a session total of 100 Coins this UI always appears. Even though I purchased a character for 100 Coins it keeps appearing once the session total is reached.

Does anybody of you guys appear to have the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your help! I added a picture of my Game Mind Map also!

Best,

Wolverine

Attached Files:

• bb.jpg
      bb.jpg
      File size:
      139.6 KB
      Views:
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

The event observer is looking for 100 coins, then will display that UI. Which is how you have it set up. It is acting like a game pop up where you complete an achievement of reaching 100 coins.

I'm not sure what you are looking to achieve though. If you only want it to appear once, you need to reroute it back to the main game UI

3. Wolverine_BB

Wolverine_BB Boxer

Well, I would have thought that by purchasing the total coins would be resetted, so that it would automatically show up only when the counter reaches 100.

4. covmon

covmon Boxer

Yeah the problem is that "total coins" records the total number of coins the player has ever picked up. So once they get 100 coins, even though they spend it on the character, their "total" is still continuing to go up, and will never be reset to 0 unless the game is completely reset or deleted and reinstalled.

It would be nice to be able to detect "current coin amount" to achieve things like what you want to do @Wolverine_BB.

Edit: just saw the latest update notes for 2.3.6. It appears they've fixed it, although I haven't actually downloaded the new version to test.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018