Experiencing "unable To Load Data" Error

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by vrdream, Jun 9, 2018.

1. vrdream

vrdream Boxer

I just opened my platform game file today and it popped up an "Unable to load data" message while loading. I had tried restarting the computer, copied the game file to other location and tried reopen it but it showed the same error message.

The platform game file is about 42 megabyte, and I just added one more game level last night.
    Is there any limitation of the .bbd file size? How can I recovery the game file?

Many thanks!

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Sounds like it could be corrupt. There isn't a file size limit but sometimes if you have too many large images, your computer may not be able to load everything up. You could try again and just leave it for a few minutes to see if the error corrects itself. Failing that, email support but it will take them a few days to help - and send them your bbdoc file

Baderismail likes this.
  3. vrdream

vrdream Boxer

Thanks for your great info!

Just updated the BuildBox to version 2.3.6.0 and found this issue fixed! I don't know what happen, maybe the BB team had done some enhancement.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Glad it worked. Always make a back up copy though. I do that before adding anything major into a game - just incase! haha