How To Pull A Boat Character With An Boat Object?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by clayster2012, Jun 5, 2018.

1. clayster2012

clayster2012 Boxer

Hello everyone I'm clayster2012 and I'm new to Buildbox, I have been watching Buildbox for sometime now and have been very impressed with it's outcome , I bought it a week ago and have been studying it closely to learn it's features, well now I have my first Idea for my first game, been doing a lot of planning and sketching for the layout of the game, but I'm stuck in how to get what I want the player to do, I have a tube riding teenager as a character, and a speedboat as an Object, of course you already know that I want the speedboat to pull the character like the drawing below, I'm using the Zig Zag Template, I have already been working with this for about 15 minutes but I'm stuck on how I can make it to where the boat is pulling and you can still use the same controls for the player, anyone have any ideas I would really be grateful!
    [​IMG]

2. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

I have no tried this myself but have you tried using the links to attach from boat to player?

3. clayster2012

clayster2012 Boxer

Thanks Laylon I figured it out, and pretty much that's they way I was trying to get it to work, but with trial and error I kept messing around with it and managed to get it to work, having the boat pull the character I couldn't control the character at first, now that part is working!

Leighton likes this.
  4. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Awesome glad to hear