My Game Jam Entry - Lunar

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by AppNasty, Jun 5, 2018.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Thought i would show some gameplay of my game jam entry, LUNAR. Went for more of an atmospheric living world type of thing. Thunderstorms, Lightning effect, Physics, Hand drawn art by me. Story....
    Im making levels extremely large with multiple paths. Collectible rock samples and ship parts to unlock things with. Training mode to have a sandbox like fun time to test systems abilities.

There are 8 buttons. 6 functions. Drive using wheels. Rotate pod [like those flip-able remote controlled cars] to get over objects. Pulse Blasters. [Destructible scenery/rocks/mining] A Bubble Shield which helps protect ship as well as helps with travel. Adding a 9th system function for extending legs to help traverse rocky terrain. Voice acting by myself. Hand drawn comic bookish scenes for story mode. I'm putting a lot into it. Hopefully you boxers will enjoy. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE appreciate the rain effect in first video after dropping into cave....the rain remains falling down the open entrance but DOESN'T go into the cave. Little things like that...little realistic things...i think make the world more detailed...lol APPRECIATE IT!

Here is 2 short gameplay teaser vids.

Rock climbing sample.

2. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Looks awesome dude

AppNasty likes this.
  3. ilinovik

ilinovik Boxer

it's really cool and thoughtful

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

My idea is to pack as much into as I can with buildbox. It's a simulator in a sense. The controld you can access for your pod to explore...I want to be like a real controls system. Tons of abilities...optional...but useful depending on the situation. If the ground is rough...you won't be able to just DRIVE over it...you will need to tumble or use the pole arm extensions. If sharp deadly rocks are everywhere down a cave hole...you wouldn't just dive in..you would use your bubble shield.

5. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Hat's off :)

AppNasty likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I used treys video on designing hyper casual art. Which I used in the ground design in this game.