Buildbox 2.3.6 Pre-release With 3rd Party Sdk Hooks

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Hey guys,

Just an update of what we've been working on the past few days. We have a pre-release of our upcoming 2.3.6 official release. Please take care using this release as it is not as fully tested as an official release. This release includes extra API hooks to improve 3rd party SDK support and to specifically add support for banners and rewarded video.

MAC: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...3.6-2135_8fc8c7db756154102dbeab0a520ea6ab.zip
    WIN: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...3.6-2135_4eb69f2270036b8f656df11fb4052e99.exe

We've created an example for supporting the MoPub SDK as a custom network on iOS. Next week we will make the same example for supporting MoPub on Android. You can use this as a guideline for adding any 3rd party SDK support.

You will need these 3 files to setup the iOS example:
    AdIntegrator.h : https://buildbox.box.com/s/otjzyx6dr56qd9rnkuzhnmp7bm0l9r1b
    AdIntegrator.mm : https://buildbox.box.com/s/hixo6fegm530zts08tgj5xph5lo3fymc
    MoPubSDK.zip : https://buildbox.box.com/s/g4m0n4zn215i56s89b83ybkuc1l3zyaz

Inside Buildbox sImply set your ad network support in your UI nodes to "Custom". Then replace the AdIntegrator.h and AdIntegrator.mm files in your exported iOS project. You will need to edit the AdIntegrator.mm file and add your own advertising IDs. Then unzip and drag/drop the MoPub SDK into your Xcode project. You should now have the ability to use interstitials, banners, and rewarded videos through the MoPub SDK.

For GDPR compliance, we cannot advise you on this. I can only direct you to the FAQ from MoPub specifically addressing GDPR: https://www.mopub.com/resources/gdpr-faq/

Using these new API hooks you should be able to set up almost any 3rd party SDK code to work with Buildbox. Generally speaking, a programmer will be required to use these API hooks to their fullest extent. In the near future, we will be making some further improvements to make it more accessible to non-programmers.

Let us know of any issues you may run into so we can address them in the final release. Here is the preliminary changelog for 2.3.6.

Code:
    added: AdIntegrator class for better custom 3rd party SDK support
    updated: improving OpenGL support on Windows
    updated: font editor improvements, checking limits, auto-sizing font atlas
    updated: faster encrypting/loading/saving/exporting of BBDOCs
    updated: event observer now uses running total for coins/currency
    updated: removed native x86 support for Android devices, Intel discontinuing (should use emulation instead)
    fixed: no default value if dropdown lists are empty
    fixed: sidebars not refreshing correctly
    fixed: purchase complete sound is triggered when purchase failed
    fixed: animation twitching due to incorrect sprite offsets
    fixed: share button fix for Android 8
    fixed: preview not coming to the front when button clicked
    fixed: prevent multiple connections between the same two objects.
    fixed: wrong button state with purchase button/ one-time purchase
    fixed: game services asking to login if the player previously denies
    fixed: opacity is not working on the Start screen
    fixed: crash when canceling loading
    fixed: purchase button sound ignoring states
    fixed: Google sign-in prompting multiple times
    fixed: ground collision sound cut off
    fixed: crashes while saving or loading BBDOCs
    fixed: one-way platform broken if rotated
    fixed: character control buttons stop working
    fixed: full-screen action animation for iPhone X is not correct
    fixed: multiple random crashes on Android

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Anonym, AndyG, Xpoint games and 5 others like this.
  2. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Very Nice!

I checked and I'm still having issues with two things; paths still don't work unless they're in the front, and when you duplicate something in a stage, your character gets moved to the front of the stage.

Great work on the new release and I'll let you know if there's anything else.

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Looks to be a very stable so far. Awesome work.
    Zero crashes on Mac, which is great :D Probably the cleanest build I've ever used.

It's looking as though we can't manually update SDK's anymore, by replacing the old ones in the directory though, which limits us a little. I'm currently looking into adding custom Admob Ads, as I'm hoping to implement Admob Reward videos using the Hook class.

Also, is a feature coming to allow users to revoke consent, should we implement consent SDKs?

Anyway, great work and thanks for getting a build out so quickly.
    Will update post with any bugs I find.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  4. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

"
    For GDPR compliance, we cannot advise you on this. I can only direct you to the FAQ from MoPub specifically addressing GDPR "
    Are you guys serious ?
    well it's sucks big time because in order for the new Ads SDK to work probably we need to send a green flag to advertisement, even on example you are showing they need that and there is no work around for this, we don't need a legal advice we need an option to show that screen on start of the game that will pass the information to Ads company.

Im using Applovin so whats now ?
    "
    AppLovin SDK requires that publishers set a flag indicating whether a user located in the European Union (i.e., EU/GDPR data subject) has provided opt-in consent for the collection and use of personal data.

For users outside the EU, this flag is not required to be set in the SDK and if set, will not impact how the ad is served to such non-EU users."

Ps. Also bug i reported with bbdc more then a month that was supposed to be fixed is still not and i can't update game that is stucked on Buildbox 2.2.9 since there is animation freezing both on device and preview support has all the details

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  5. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Oh and one more think, if we don't update to newst Ads SDK the older one will stop to work: and the new will not work bescoue for now we dont have on option to send them permit, I think onlty Unity Ads new sdk will show this information by themselves on first ads show but most of Ads service need the permision from from app/game so Buildbox can now remove all the advertisement option from software and dont have customers from Europe

I’m a publisher. What happens if I don’t update my apps to the new SDK?

To provide continuity of our services to our publisher partners and give your users sufficient time to update their apps to versions using our latest SDK, we will continue to support older versions of the SDK during a short transition period. During this time, older versions of the SDK will continue to collect personal data. However, in order to protect your users’ privacy, we will not store, use, or share such personal data, and we will only return contextual ads to your users in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. After this transition period, we will stop returning ads to your app in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland until you update to the latest version of the SDK. We encourage you to update to the latest version as soon as it is released.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Awesome news the API hook thing. I will check it out as soon as I can. Wrote you as well an email @Andy. Thanks for implementing that I'm sure we all will make good use of it.

Hope we can make it work as well with the consent windows. Let's see what happens.

7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

w00t. So far so good.

8. viking

viking Avid Boxer

Hi @Andy and Bbxers
    Perfect timing for me with the total coins and points in observer event ;)
    Will it work with the distance ?

Im on Mac OsX high sierra
    Import a Bb2.3.5 project in Bb2.3.6

I got one strange thing... with Time Out
    i can’t change the number in the event observer TimeOut
    It stay on 1000... when i tap in « 3000 »
    it become red with my number and goes back to 1000 in grey color

When i copy a old Observer Event Time Out
    Same problem ...

Thanks

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What is this? What does it do?

adrogdesigns likes this.
  10. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

i think its the event observer you have always been asking for, so i think it remembers coins spent and totals.

Christoph likes this.
  11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Not sure if this is supposed to happen or if it happens in all versions, but in 2.3.6, if you use the Joystick to move a Character and drag it over a Fixed Platform, set to Collide and No Destroy, it destroys the Character...

Also, I've tested your MoPub implementation and Banners don't display on the first UI attached to Worlds. (So if you start a game and the Start UI sends you to Main World with a Main World UI, it doesn't display, until you go to a new UI on the same World), see below:

[​IMG]

But it WOULD appear on Main Menu UI if you were to go to Settings, then back again.

I've written my own version of Admob using the AdIntegrator.mm class and it does the same thing. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Christoph likes this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The banner issue has been there before. It’s exactly what happens with Appodeal in 2.3.5. When a world is displayed, banners do not show and as soon a second UI kicks in (like game over), banners are back.

Never realized the interstitial issue. At least at game over UI this didn’t happen in 2.3.5 or earlier. They always loaded as they should. Again at least it did work with Appodeal, haven’t used Fyber in the last versions.

Hope that helps.

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That would be awesome sir. Hope support can confirm that. And if this is like that, does it mean this is world independent? Does it take the total of all worlds into account?

Edit: yes!!!!! It works exactly like that. Finally! What an awesome addition. Thanks a lot for this!!!

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    adrogdesigns likes this.
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I can confirm that. Definitely not working anymore. Worked well in 2.3.5.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

On Mac saving still takes ages. I found out that this is due the preview window. As soon as I close it and then save, it is very fast. So maybe the preview window should get 'disabled' or 'paused' when saving? So not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I guess it would make sense to disable it when saving. Or maybe close it automatically before doing so?

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is not related to the fix but thought would mention it anyway since it is iPhone X ratio related:
    The splash-screen is rendered much bigger than anything else. Looks zoomed in while the rest looks zoomed out. This is for the mode 'Auto'.

And talking about screen adjustments and ratios, I thought I would mention again the problem for tablet/iPad with the 'Auto' mode:
    It shouldn't move (fit to edge) horizontally for iPad. Only vertically. I reported that one to Sean per mail with example images and all. :)

AaroArts likes this.
  17. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

I'm using the Windows version.

It doesn't looks like an exe is being created when exporting to Windows.

Also, the exit button on Android doesn't work.

18. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

And when running on Android, it looks like the sound effects sometimes break when switching levels, but the music keeps playing.

Menu buttons, game sounds, and ability sounds all break.

Turning the sound effects option off then back on in the game options give players a quick fix, but wanted to let you know about it.

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Built-in ads should work the same as they always have, nothing should have changed here so far.

You should already be able to do something here using the screenOnEnter hook as described in the Game Analytics doc.

Read the MoPub link from the OP, they have their own GDPR solution.

Each ad network may be using similar or different methods of passing/revoking consent. We've provided all the hooks that are needed. See screenOnEnter hook (as described in the Game Analytics doc) to build a UI that could do what you need for consent.

This is for coins/currency only. Distance and points will continue to work as they always have. The reason for the change regarding currency is due to the fact that currency is already treated differently regarding totals (you can spend currency for example), we're making the event observer reflect this.

20. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

I think it works correctly now, but you need to close the preview window and reopen for it to show correctly.
    1: open preview, if it's iphone x, it looks fine. If you then change to ipad, it looks awful.
    2: close preview, reopen. ipad looks fine. change to iphone x, looks awful.
    At least this is how it works on my PC.
    (Awful=zoomed in)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.