Preparing For Gdpr

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AaroArts, May 24, 2018.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I’m just curious what everyone is doing in preparation for GDPR?
    Are you updating Privacy Policies? Or removing Ad Unit IDs so games don’t receive Ads altogether?

Some people seem to be removing apps from stores within territories of the EEA until they can update them.

In case you’re wondering Countries that belong to the EEA include
    Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

I’m probably going to remove all mine from these territories for now. I hope BB finds a solution soon :D

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    patostar likes this.
  2. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Seems this is the only way for BB devs now. Otherwise we are not line with GDPR and God knows what are the consequences. For instance, GameAnalytics is going to randomly choose devs and check for the consent in apps and they even can blacklist devs. So, personal data is a highly important on today's agenda and 3rd parties can easily blacklist devs who are not in line with GDPR in EU.

I reckon that @Buildbox ( @Andy, @TreySmith ) at the moment don't take this into consideration seriously, because as we can see, nothing is prepared at the moment, although tomorrow GDPR starts. We definitely need a pop up with a consent that is connected with latest 3rd parties SDKs.

3. yEzass

yEzass Boxer

So as a developer who is in EU, and my biggest player base is in Europe, what is the future for me ?

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

This is the same for me.
    For now I guess you could just update your Privacy Policy, remove Ad Unit IDs for any old apps that you can’t/won’t be updating and remove live apps from EEA territories.

But I still don’t know how it works for people that haven’t or can’t update to the latest version of your app.

5. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Lol that's what I am doing right now, I have a lot of apps, all of them I purchased their source codes, I know nothing about coding, so the easiest way for me is to remove them from EEA countries just like you said, I don't want to get my google play account banned.