Best place to hire Buildbox developer

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by jamesleiske, Nov 19, 2015.

1. jamesleiske

jamesleiske Boxer

Buildbox is of course the easiest the software. However, I am in school and don't have time except for maybe a few tweaking. Have any idea where is the best place I can hire a buildbox developer and if it is worth it?

2. darone

darone Boxer

i haven't heard any bb developer for hire yet. my suggestion is taking the 30 days challenge available in bb website. i forgot the link, you can search in bb website. it's design for some of us to gradually learn the software and game making process. just ask here if you have a problem, or you can ask bb support.

3. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

I signed up for the challenge but... I did not receive anything so far.

I heard that was stopped... I am doing with experimenting, Youtube and documentation. I am in a similar situation of @jamesleiske (not studying but stuck with a ton of office work) so I can understand.

The question of hiring a programmer is that the "cost" you are going to incur can be defrayed if you are willing to put a bit of extra work for your self. The reason is : if you make a little effort to learn it the knowledge you acquire is YOURS and nobody will take it away from you. If you hire a programmer, you have spent money (and have a product) but you will still be at square one...

I would suggest you to bite the bullet. It's not that difficult (if compared to learning Objective C + Coco2D, Metal, etc).

I have seen in the video that BB 2.0 has a tutorial link within the menu. Maybe that will be of help.

4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

If I tell you how tasking my day to day job is, you won't believe but yet I have to sacrifice time every night to learn more about BBox and so far I am almost getting there :D

Its not going to be easy if I may be honest with you but if you are determined, it will become easy as time goes on.

The good side to this is, i have leaned to manage and allocate time appropriately :D

Declan Emery and netkomm like this.
  5. Florian Porkert

Florian Porkert Boxer

Actually this is a very good question. What is the best place to hire a Buildbox developer?

In 2016 I will hire new people for creating Buildbox games. I really love Buildbox. And with Buildbox 2 I see many new possibilities.

Just in case that any of you would like to work for me, send me a message ;)
    It is important that you are very experienced in level design. I think that level design is the most difficult part. It is important that the worlds/levels of a game are well balanced.

I will probably have a look at some freelancer portals like UpWork.com or Freelancer.com in 2016.

6. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

well, one place where to hire Buildboxers... could be right here in this forum! :D

7. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

8. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi Guys,

We can develop cool stuff in BB. You can simply call us BB developers as well. Yeah it's understood that the only point finding a BB developer is right through this forum. So we are the genuine stop if you are hunting for. For you guys to understood more, we already succeeded in making one of the game that got featured by apple "Shadows" published by BB itself :)

Can contact us :

krishna.essendon