Dere Evil Exe

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by DariusGuerrero, Mar 20, 2018.

1. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Thanks! The tutorial and level 1, being part of the same level, requires playing through in one sitting. You'd be able to past it after collecting just 10 gems. Have you unlocked level 2 @Shocka

JustBraden likes this.
  2. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Haha okay I just passed level 1 it’s actually very challenging I’ll let you know if I encounter any more problems.

3. DariusGuerrero

4. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Is the game you were telling me you won a award for? It’s pretty fun I probably won’t uninstall it. The audio instructions is a pretty great idea and unique.

5. DariusGuerrero

Yes, but it's actually just a prelude to the sequel. In the sequel, the audio instructions are constant there and it's the main storyline. In the game you're playing right now, it's just there at the start of the levels and is gone a few levels later.

6. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Word, I would like to test the sequel maybe send me a test flight. I can critique it. Did you send these games to publishers?

7. DariusGuerrero

The truth is, the sequel is actually already finished and approved on the App Store. Part 3 is actually already in production starting today. I never send games to publishers and I don't intend to ever have to, I self-publish ;). It's a personal choice. I want full control over my games, and I want these games to grow the value of my brand. I know I can market the sequel like I did my other games, but easier since there's a stronger following with every release. I don't really recommend anyone to do the same, as looking for publishers could be the best course of action for other developers.

8. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Word but you better start an advertising campaign or something. It actually doesn’t matter how good your game is. without advertising and incentivized installs your game will get lost in the App Store. That is the truth. Currently your game is rated a D+. Rise up isn’t a very good game but it’s some how in the top charts. It’s only there because of advertising.

Attached Files:

9. DariusGuerrero

Well that's true for the App Store (but the numbers are wrong), but the Google Play numbers look like they're reaching 500K in a few months and I didn't spend any money on advertising, and it reached Google Trending too. I made the grave mistake of not releasing on the App Store when it was hot. We should have struck while the iron was hot and should have published to the App Store sooner. So, we may have failed to capitalized on iOS downloads for this one, but the next game has a more laser-targeted approach to advertising. Oh and yes, we're releasing on Steam too.

I've been making games for more than a year, and I am confident in the direction we're going. I'd rather have these games grow my own brand, than someone else's game company. I know new releases will make the brand bigger and bigger every time.

10. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Well I wish the best for you. Hope you do well on the downloads. The Apple App Store is hard to crack. Sure I’ve got hundreds of thousands of users on Android. But android is pretty much worthless.

11. DariusGuerrero

Well, that's not true. What's your games on Android, maybe they don't have enough retention? Because I can tell you, the success on Google Play more than helped me enough, and is still helping me everyday with ads and in-app purchases. In fact, I quit my job. And as of last year the booming ad revenue on Android has catched up to iOS and beat iOS ad revenue for some advertising platforms at least from what I've read. But of course, it's better to have both. That's why we don't intend to take for granted either platforms.

12. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

I don’t have any games on Android just apps coded in java. But I get a lot more downloads on Android than iOS. Because android controls most of the mobile market. But Apple Apps generate more revenue via subscriptions and in apps. Advertising is going to be a thing of the past. Choppy gameplay while loading a banner ad is going to be obsolete. In the end it’s about the users experience; and ads ruin that. Don’t you wish you can play a game without interruption?

13. DariusGuerrero

PM me your apps. I really want to see them.

Personally, I'd rather have my apps for free with ads than having to remember that I'm subscribed to something and that's where some of my money goes every month @Shocka . And there's a huge audience out there that would prefer that as well, preferring free alternatives. But of course that's still personal preference, and some do still pay to remove ads if they want to so at least they have that option. And they do, thankfully. But of course, it all depends on the nature of your app. And on Android, the current model is working very well on my end at least.

You're right. It's all about the user experience. And, user experience is still fine for me with 4.4 stars, despite the fact that I had a game breaking bug back then I didn't notice for a few weeks wherein Level 5 resets when pressed the back button that made it lower than it should have (got a lot of 1 stars back then), but 4.4 is still higher than some of the big ones. I wouldn't have gotten recognition for this if I didn't have user experience in mind. And I wouldn't change my monetization because it works for me, and for my users as well.

If the climate changes for some reason in the future, then I'll change the model. Nothing to get stressed about actually. I don't get stressed about anything. We all have different strategies and maybe we should keep an open-mind about everything. and about your apps, Based on my experience and from what I've seen so far, people around here tend to have a harder time getting success on the Google Play platform because 1. It's saturated and there are tons of fake apps abusing the system 2. It doesn't "boost" the app the first couple of days the same way Apple does. So you didn't do too bad on them but I think could've been monetized better.

So let's leave it at that and let's try not to stray from the topic as this is a Game Showcase thread. There's a more appropriate place in this forum where you can best talk about monetization if you want. I did go off course there too

Let's go back to DERE EVIL EXE the game

14. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

My apps don’t really critique they aren’t worth much, in fact they are kind of bad. I agree, sorry for getting off topic. I really liked your game. Good luck with DERE EVIL EXE exciting stuff! Also I really like that you like to self publish that’s pretty cool man. Can’t wait to play it!

15. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Hey, again can't wait to play this! That brick-buster screenshot doesn't throw me off at all. Ha I'm expecting some twists and turns for sure. Can't wait. That artwork on the last screenshot is so good. Nicely done.

16. DariusGuerrero

This has more twists and turns than an M. Night Shyamalan movie that's for sure ;)

Thank you so much!

It just got featured on the App Store for pre-order so hopefully a lot more people can't wait too :D

patostar and ThomasC like this.
  17. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Wow great for you man, your game looks really great, I wish you best of luck, but may I ask how much are you earning monthly from this game? I am just curious :)

18. DariusGuerrero

Good question. None yet it's not out yet :)

19. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Congrats on the feature :)

20. DariusGuerrero

Thank you so much!

adrogdesigns likes this.