Gdpr - Collecting Consent From End-users & New Sdks For Bb

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Christoph, May 17, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, we're aware of the issue, and weighing solutions. Other than what I already stated previously I don't have additional info at this time. More will come, it's not being ignored.

This is a valid/tangible question. Communicate to support about this, make sure they know what you need, issues that come in through support get the most attention. That said, we are working on an API to make customizing/adding 3rd party SDKs even easier. I'll make sure Nik is aware of the rewarded video need and will see what we can do to expedite this particular matter.

Christoph likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You need to communicate your ad provider the decision of the end-user. And there are other problems, you need to have the option in your settings that the end-user can change his/her opinion later on.

And not initializing the SDK (aka no ads) is a real problem. But that is another question...

3. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Good luck with your ads everyone.I’m going to try out subscription based monetization.

4. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

I noticed some Ketchapp games are using subscription model; I think that would be a great addition to buildbox. I’d pay 99 cents a week to play a really addicting game. And stop paying when I get sick of the game. It could be a the future of monetizing games Just something to think about buildbox developers. Thanks best regards

5. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Users might like that better rather than seeing an ad every two seconds. I’ll try it out see how it goes.

6. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Even buildbox itself has switched to the subscription model. There is a reason why they did this. Users like it better, it’s more convenient and you can cancel the subscription. I think users will have a better gaming experience with the subscription model integrated in buildbox. And of course you game developers will make more money.

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Will ads not continue to show with older SDKs whether you've sent the Network the consent decision or not? I'm curious.
    I'm guessing they will just stop generating ads all together to ensure both they and the publisher are compliant.

Wouldn't showing a pop up consent dialog at every App-launch not solve this?
    Or do we have to explicitly include an option to change their setting whilst in-game?

It would be interesting to see how well small indie devs manage with subscription based monetisation models, but I doubt it's feasible for devs with low target audience. Let us know how you get on.

8. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Excellent @Andy ! Remove ads is the way out for me.
    Can you please tell me how best to remove advertising? Is it possible to remove it via AdMob for individual countries? Do I need to delete the advertisement in the assembly and re-release the application? And will it act? As I understand it, this is the rule for all applications, whether it is in Europe or not.

Perhaps the removal of application access in individual countries through the Google Play Console will help?

9. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Guys! Tell me please, how will you solve this problem?

10. Steady

Steady Boxer

Hello I m new to the Forum I read about this major problem. I got an image of voodoo how they solve this I would like to help too to solve this problem. But i m not sure if this is going to be helpful at all.

Attached Files:

Christoph and Lamora like this.
  11. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

I think best idea to do it is
    After logo screen, show information that will force user a little, exactly like big companies are doing it, here is instagram for example:
    and what i mean by that is that: after logo screen
    There will be message: saying something like: If you want to play this game please review and accept privacy policy etc. and if user accept buildbox is sending green flag to advertising sdk and everything work normal
    If user dont accept games exit

But we really need help on this Instagram.png

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Steady likes this.
  12. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

exactly what i was thinking ! :)

Steady likes this.
  13. Steady

Steady Boxer

me too I would like to have something like a little pop up window after loading screen that blocks any ad you put in your game after the user agrees to accept ads it should activate sending ads.

14. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Any info about Chartboost? They said they updated all their terms and things to be compliant with GDPR. What to do with Chartboost ads?))

This is from their FAQ about GDPR.
    How can Chartboost publishers prepare for GDPR enforcement?
    Chartboost encourages publishers to begin preparing for the GDPR by reviewing their privacy and data security processes and policies to ensure compliance by May 25, 2018.

Am I right that all we have to do is just to review the updated policies and terms and that's all?

15. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

As for GameAnalytics, from their FAQ:
    How can you prepare for GDPR?
    GDPR will require consent from all European users. This consent should in most cases be collected inside your game’s user interface. You can at this time prepare by developing UI for collecting said consent when your game is first launches.

Any ideas we can make GDPR accept in games on BB? Should we make something like mediator UI screen with accept button before main UI? The problem is that it will be for all users, not only for EU users.

16. Steady

Steady Boxer

I was going to say that too we could make another UI screen where we have 2 navigation buttons 1 for agree and continue to main menu and 1 more Exit the game if user does not agree. We just need to link them like this Start screen - GDPR UI screen - Main menu or exit

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What to do:
    First is not to panic...
    second is... TO PANIC!!!!

AaroArts likes this.
  18. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

We need to wait for Buildbox because UI is not enough app/game need to send a green flag to Ads SDK that they can do the work so to speak

This is how Applovin wants it:

If the user has consented, please set the following flag to true.

AppLovinPrivacySettings.setHasUserConsent(true, context );
    If the user has not consented, please set the following flag to false.

AppLovinPrivacySettings.setHasUserConsent(false, context );

This is pain in ****** and Buildbox will for sure be late for that one

19. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

20. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Just wanted to assure everyone we're working on this issue. We will have more information this week regarding new ad network customization options. Keep an eye out for an official announcement.

Coldwilson, Steady, AaroArts and 4 others like this.