Particles Set Up!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by volcank, Aug 23, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

I am tring to create some subtle dust effects flying slowly and smoothly in the air inside lighting. The kind of effect you see in a jungle environment through light rays coming from up. Also maybe a kind of bokeh effect I should say.

I almost did the whole set up only i want the particles to be there flying around when the game starts. What happens is the game starts and after a while they start to come from top of the screen where I have replaced the emitter which doesn't look natural. Is there kind of preroll set up so the particles will always be around? Also the particles emit once like 100 particle then wait for a while and then sprays another 100 particles. I set the emission rate to 10. I would want the emitter spray continuesly. I would appreciate help. Thank You.

2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Looks like there are no settings for such a case.
    Maybe you could try with animated png sequence of looped dust or something?

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can try these settings.
    You have to try all the parameters to get the one you want.

Attached Files:

4. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

@jcalle I'm afraid he needs to start new World/UI with particles already generated like but rate parameter means starting from 0.
    Should be something like Birth Starting Frame which could be set as a -50 for instance.

@volcank Maybe you could try to put your particles in the object which is gradually inserted into the scene you need with transition like position and transparency/opacity. It's not ideal solution but could work for you.

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Astro Games @jcalle thank you for the replies and support. @jcalle I will check your settings. I now somehow created some particles at different sides of the gameplay that starts to come into screen slowly. There are like 4 emitters at each corner of the gameplay area and thr particles come in slowly with little transperancy so it is now satisfactory for me. Thank you all for the help. @Astro Games using a png sequence would increase the mb of the file size a lot since the png sequence images need to be a lot for that slow particles sequence but thanx for the advice. For now particlez coming from outside but not so distruptive so they are ok. Will share the game once finished. Thank you.

6. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Sounds good, grats!
    I'm trying to avoid particles because it seems they drain the battery quickly and my device becomes very hot unfortunately when I have few emitters with around 150 particles each.

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Really?? Didn't know those particles were draining batteries, good to know thank you. Right now I am using like 5 particles for each emitter so there are like 20 particles flying around during gameplay guess they won't make so much trouble. Will see how it will go once all the game completed of course :) thanx a lot for the help.

8. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Yeah, 20 particles make difference to 600 particles :D
    Can't wait to see your results!

volcank likes this.
  9. colapp

colapp Boxer

I have an issue regarding particle effect. Please let me know how can react particles as an enemy :mad:. I want to destroy the character once it hit with particles. any help. :)