No Jump Animation When Character Collides On [advanced Move] Linked Affected Object

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by johnocampo89, Nov 17, 2016.

1. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

Anyone know a fix for this one? my character starts on a platform with advanced move and when i jump animation is not showing.. but when i start on a normal platform w/o advanced move jump animation shows.

---------------------------------
    while im at it is there a way to make character slide on a horizontal platform without rotating?
    Thanks in advance guys!

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

How you add `Advanced move` try to add `Ghost Jump` (that make your character animation jump)
    There is a `Demo` in one of `ISO` to see how it's work.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Once you use an advanced move the jump animation doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended. I posted this some days ago somewhere else as well...

4. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

That's inconvenient.. :( hope they fix it.

5. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

sadly when i put animation also on ghost jump nothing happens. :(

6. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

@Christoph
    I think the jump animation not working with advanced component is intended, otherwise if you have an animation in advanced move you would double up on animations.
    @johnocampo89
    If your using advanced component then try having a jump button on your UI under your advanced component button, Un check block through on both, and make sure in character settings jump is zero, so it doesn't effect your advanced move component settings and see if the animation works then, not sure it will but just a thought.
    From my thought jump animation only works when jump button is applied.
    Also not sure why your animations are not working in advanced component, thats weird.

johnocampo89 likes this.
  7. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi, apart from this I believe there is some problem with advance move.ie for example if a character walk to right from left with linear velocity say 10 it goes to right but on collision with -10 linear velocity the character doesn't retuning to left side when a left direction animation added.Is this a bug or am I missing something. Never had problem with older version

8. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

im wondering how the game SKY is created, i bet it sliding on a platform with advanced move on character but still can do jump animation.

9. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@johnocampo89
    Hi, apart from this I believe there is some problem with advance move.ie for example if a character walk to right from left with linear velocity say 10 it goes to right but on collision with -10 linear velocity the character doesn't retuning to left side when a left direction animation added.Is this a bug or am I missing something. Never had problem with older version
    Did you face anything like this ?

10. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

maybe you understand...
    With `Advanced Move` (left to right) (velocity/10) you have an animation (you add your character animation normal (size 1/1)
    Then you add another `Advanced Move` (right to left) (velocity/-10) in animation you add your character but... (this is important) your size should be (-1/1)

11. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

At some point i also notice that too that there's something wrong with advanced move. sometimes you have to restart BB in order for it to work or re-add advanced move again. Then again i hope there is a way for character to still do jump animation etc. when moving in advanced move linked objects/asset

12. ongbakbak

ongbakbak Boxer

Has this issue been solved? I'm trying to create a game in the tower jump template and my jump animation isn't working. Is there any work around here?

13. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

@ZackGriset @Andy... any way to solve this issue? coz upon hitting the advance move the jump animation will no longer work... or rather it's being disabled :(

14. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Sorry for being blunt... but where is the advanced component button @playsgames6666 ?

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Best thing to do here is to send an example to support so we can check it out.

16. ipad666

ipad666 Boxer

me too faced the same problem plaformer setup how to solve this

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Just getting back to this... not really an issue here with the jump animation:

Are you setting a non-zero Timeout value on the action?

18. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Hi Andy

Timeout on the advance move is set at zero. We did not put in any animation for the advance moves as we would like it to use the default jump animation as well as death animation. However upon hitting the advance move (which is a left and right wall) the jump animation is just being disabled :(

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you don't set any animation then it uses the default animation. Set the timeout to something other than 0. While the advance move is in effect the associated animation (in your case the default) overrides any other. If you keep the timeout at 0 the advance move stays in effect forever.

AaroArts likes this.