Updates About The Ad Technology Provider Controls Launching Ahead Of The Gdpr

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by PlayShaft, May 10, 2018.

1. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hello! I recently received an email from Google about Updates about the Ad Technology Provider Controls launching ahead of the GDPR. Tell me please, should I take any measures and how will this affect my playing on Google Play? I use Admob as an advertising network.

Dear Partner,
    As we shared in March, we are launching new Ad Technology Provider (ATP) Controls for you to choose the ad technology providers who will be able to serve and measure ads on your sites and apps for users in the European Economic Area (EEA). The controls will launch on Monday, May 7 for DFP and shortly after for AdSense and AdMob, and your settings will take effect on May 25, 2018.
    We encourage you to use these controls to choose your preferred list of ad technology providers. The full list of ad technology providers featured in those controls is available in the Help Center for DFP/AdX, AdSense, and AdMob. All providers listed have shared certain information that is required by the GDPR. If you don’t engage with the controls to choose your own list, we will apply a ‘commonly used’ list of ad technology providers. The commonly used list comprises the ad technology providers associated with the most revenue to publishers from EEA users from all programmatic demand sources.
    Within these controls, you will also have the ability to:
    • Present users a choice between personalized and non-personalized ads. We have already made documentation (DFP, AdSense) available for you to pass a non-personalized signal in our tags. App developer guides are available for passing this signal (DFP Android, DFP iOS, AdMob Android, AdMob iOS).
    • Select to serve only non-personalized ads to all users in the EEA, if you wish.
    • Choose which reservation line items are eligible to serve in personalized and non-personalized mode.
    Finally, to further clarify requirements under our updated EU Consent policy, as well as Google’s controller position, we have published additional information on our Help Center to fully address your questions (DFP/AdX, AdSense, AdMob).
    If you have any questions about this update, please don't hesitate to reach out to your account team or contact us through the Help Center.
    Sincerely,
    The Google Team

2. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

You shouldn’t have to worry about anything. By the way there isn’t much you can control with Buildbox ads. They are just letting you know you can change the ad controls to your preferred ad providers for your admob/Adsense account. Nothing really to worry about

adrogdesigns likes this.
  3. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

I would really like to believe it, but I started to meet the dialogues in some games and it started to worry me even more.[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

Does your simple game collect user information? I doubt it. Your ads might, but you can control that from most advertisers dashboards. You can’t really code with buildbox so there’s no way you can do anything inside buildbox. Nothing worry about. Those games that show dialogs have privacy policies and collect a lot of information. They use actual code to do that. Best regards

5. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

You are right, but I'm asking about advertising. Since May 25, the rule will come into force, which says that every developer who uses admob or other Google services should insert a dialog into his application, which requests consent to personal advertising. If we do not comply with this rule, we can turn off advertising or block the game.
    As I understand it, this rule obliges everyone who is connected with Admob to create this dialogue. It does not matter if your game collects data or not.
    https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt...jAsEUfO9nmsc3Iq1WD5WJ_TxrEtq7Bs_vOsX_cneQqbaQ
    It is known to me that Unity and Appodeal solve this problem more easily. But what do the boxers use for Admob?
    If you carefully read the document I gave above, you will understand what I'm talking about.

6. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

If you really want a dialog alert in your game I wrote you some code for a simple alert view; it's nothin fancy. Be aware that if the user clicks the "No" button the user wont see any ads and it could hurt your revenue. I don't think this is really needed, but good luck and
    best regards. If you have any questions just ask.

Step 1 open Xcode and navigate to AppDelegate.mm

Step 2 find the method screenOnEnter it should be around line 51.

Step 4 paste this code in between the CURLY BRACES
    Code:
    NSString* n = [NSStringstringWithUTF8String:name];

// Put the name of your buildbox main menu UI in the qoutes below

if([n isEqualToString:mad:"Main Menu UI"]){

static NSString* const hasRunAppOnceKey = @"hasRunAppOnceKey";

NSUserDefaults* defaults = [NSUserDefaultsstandardUserDefaults];

if ([defaults boolForKey:hasRunAppOnceKey] == NO)

{

// Some code you want to run on first use...

[defaults setBool:YES forKey:hasRunAppOnceKey];
        UIAlertView *alert = [[UIAlertViewalloc]

// You can change anything in quotes below

initWithTitle:mad:"Do you agree?"

delegate:self

cancelButtonTitle:mad:"No"

otherButtonTitles:mad:"Agree", nil];

[alert show];
            }
        }

Step 5 copy this method and put it BELOW the onScreenEnter method; this is it's own method so right after the screenOnEnter method paste this code

Code:
    - (void)alertView:(UIAlertView *)alertView

clickedButtonAtIndex:(NSInteger) buttonIndex{
        if (buttonIndex == 1) {

printf("agree");
        } else {

//Don't Agree turn ads off.

PTPSettingsController p;

p.setRemoveAds(YES);

p.save();

cocos2d::CCApplication::sharedApplication()->run();
        }

}

7. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

This forum is acting weird. It changed my code lol. the angry faces are supposed to be at signs @. the sad faces are asterisks or stars *.

8. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

I noticed that the code to turn off ads is wrong. If some one from the Buildbox staff knows how to do it let us know.

9. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

What method do you buildbox programmer guys call when the user buys an in app purchase? setRemoveAds() isn't working for me. What did I do wrong?

10. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Did you use Insert Code option?
    The "plus" icon next to Image and Media.

11. Shocka

Shocka Boxer

No I didn’t lol next time I will! Haha

12. peter_weiss

peter_weiss Boxer

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox will almost certainly add these consent SDKs given Buildbox offers the advertising integration. Going forward, the two SDKs go hand in hand.

Just give support some time to work and test the new SDKs.

Until then if you want to be fully GDPR compliant, I recommend just switching off Ads all together in the EEA region.

14. peter_weiss

peter_weiss Boxer

Thanks for the answer. Do you know how to switch off ads for a region in the admob console? I can't find this setting.