Action Only After Restart At Checkpoint.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by lachlanf, May 12, 2018.

1. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

Hello All,

I have added a "continue after reward video" button to my game but am running into a problem, When the player restarts they are often put in a position that kills them right away.

What I'm hoping to do is add an action to the player after they "respawn". Like when games use to make you flash for a few moments when you lose a life.

Can anyone recommend how I could do that?

Thank you.

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

No, you just really need to put your checkpoints in a safe place so users don't die straight away. May mean you have to rearrange things around.
    Or actually, you could put an action set to invincible and add a flashing animation in the action animation, and set the duration for as long as needed to let the user get started.
    But honestly i would go with the first option, having checkpoints in a safe place....

3. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

Yes putting the checkpoints in a safe spot would be ideal but in the majority of my scenes, it's just not posable.
    I would prefer to do it with an action but where do I put said action?
    I cant put it where the checkpoint is because then it would happen during regular play
    I tried adding it to the animation of the character but even if I set it to 3 seconds it lasts forever for some reason.

4. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

oh yea action is no good.
    you just have to alter your scenes so it safe, thats the only option i know of.

5. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

I see. Thanks for your help.