Iap: Purchase New World

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by DrDante, Apr 26, 2018.

1. DrDante

DrDante Boxer

Hi everyone,

So I recently downloaded Buildbox and have built my first app! It’s an infinite runner game.

I am hoping to add two IAPs, a remove ads button and the ability to buy a new world / level.

I am fairly sure I understand how the remove ads IAP works. But I have no clue where to begin with the new world purchase. I have searched the forums but found no clear advice (sorry if I missed it).

I currently have a separate UI for my ‘Shop’. This has a purchase button for both remove ads and the new world.

I also have a UI for level select which currently has navigation buttons linking to both worlds (the normal free one and the IAP).

My questions are as follows:
    • How do I set up the purchase button in my ‘Shop’ to link to the new world/level
    • How do I lock the IAP world in my world select UI
    • How do I trigger the world to unlock in the world select UI once the purchase has been made

As I say, I’m pretty new to Buildbox so it might need to be explained in basic terms.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

(P.S this app is for the Apple Store if that is relevant)

2. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

You'll actually want to use the lock button rather than the purchase button for this.

If you look through the settings of this button type, it's all pretty straight forward.

It has your locked and unlocked images, leave the function on default and you'll be able to choose where you want the player to go on the world select screen, then you can set how you want the player to unlock, under the unlock section.