Movement Of Character On Tap And Release

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Arcades11, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Arcades11

Arcades11 Boxer

I intend to make a game where the character moves continuously. The player has to tap on the screen to stop. upon release of tap, the character continues with its movement automatically.How to implement that ??

Thanks

2. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Add "Advance Move" to the character set the value zero or whatever you desire, event to the button (make sure you add "component action" button in World UI). I hope it will solve your problem.

Plus i will recommend you to watch cool tuts at youtube by Buildbox Official. It will give you much better ideas how to use advance move and much more tip n tricks
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgsPgU0tPJj4wdqO86u87Kw

3. Arcades11

Arcades11 Boxer

But on release, the character is not moving .when click on the button the character stops but on the release of button character not moving again. On release how to make the character move again?

Thanks

4. Arcades11

Arcades11 Boxer

But on release, the character is not moving .when click on the button the character stops but on the release of button character not moving again. On release how to make the character move again?

Thanks

5. Arcades11

Arcades11 Boxer

I was also looking for a button where when the player releases the character will continue to move instead of it being time-based .how can I implement that ??