Bug! Vibrates Animation During Playback

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by oxsionsoft, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

2. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I had that problem and the failure was of the images that were not centered on the images, that is, they were copied and pasted separately and not stuck to a main image.

Try to do the same, but with the images that I add.

I also see that the animation has many images, I recommend a maximum of 10 images per animation.

Attached Files:

4. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

Thanks for the answer.
    "of the images that were not centered on the images" - I do not quite understand. What do you have in mind?
    I select all the images and drag them to the animation editor (or to the default animation window). I do not know of any other way how to turn a sequence of frames into animations for the Buildbox. All you can do is drag a series of pictures.

Yes. Some animations have from 20 to 60 frames. But I do not think that this could be a problem. The frame size is small. Not more than 200x200 pixels has only one color.

5. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Problem with this is a old one, shakes of gameplay or character is something i was sending to support long time ago, i have no idea why sometimes its happen and sometimes not. i have this in one of my games that character is shaking from left to right even with perfect centerd animation frames etc

And what jcalle have on mind is that you need to check images in some grapic software like gimp etc to see if every frame is center in the same position

6. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

This is noticeable only on fixed elements. When the item is in place but has animation. I believe that shaking is also present for dynamic objects. But since the objects are in motion, this shaking is practically invisible.
    I checked the frames many times. All frames are the same size. You can see it here: http://oxsionserver.ru/download/Gazelle.mp4
    I tried different software (Including Animationbox.). But the result is the same. The object has shaking while animating.
    I imagine what the problem may be. Most likely when importing and placing in the atlas, there is a trimming of empty pixels. This can be seen if you open an atlas image in the Buildbox. And start watching animation frames. You will see that the border around the image is always different. As a result, it turns out that all images have different sizes. The central points in this case are displaced. Therefore, when playing the animation shake occurs.

7. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Check this out i had same problem but with character:

And your explanation seams right

oxsionsoft likes this.
  8. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

I see an obvious shaking. Can you show the sequence of PNG frames?

9. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Try this.
    The problem as I indicated before, is with the size of the images and that they are not aligned.
    The images are extracted from the video.
    Note: The number of images is very large for an animation of this type.

Attached Files:

10. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

"are not aligned" - Images are not aligned, relative to what?
    I tried your pictures from the NinjaGirl.zip archive. It also has shaking.
    A large number of images? But they have one color and very small size. Yes it has an average of 50 frames. But shaking and others who have no more than 20 frames. This should not be a problem for a serious Engine. Since it is 2D. We also work with Unity. And never had problems with shaking or the number of frames.
    We tested a small scene on different devices. All devices were shaking for animations. But the shaking was different in strength. You can see this on the video: http://oxsionserver.ru/download/Comparison_on_different_devices.mp4