Question To All. What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by spicedbeangames, Apr 4, 2018.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hi all.
    So I have an interesting question and I wanted to get some of your thoughts from a developer point of you but also from a player.

I have an old game(3 yrs old nearly) made on a different game engine. Recently, it has spiked in downloads and page views but the game itself hasn't been updated for almost the same period of time.

IF I made a totally new version, improved with new features using Buildbox, it means that if the player has saved progress, coins, unlocks etc - they will 100% lose everything. How would feel as a player if a game you are playing suddenly changed with you losing progress?

As a developer, is it worth the gamble or would you just release a different version and hope it gets the page views/downloads?

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

If you can't update it and keep user info I would reinvent the game. Change it. Improve it. And launch it as v2. OR alternatively give it a new name completely and start afresh.

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

give the player an upgrade gift

mikemike likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

make a sequel using buildbox
    leave the other one as is, unless you use the old engine to update that one
    you are better off starting a new game as a sequel, with plans on updating it with BBox in the future

Jackazoid and mikemike like this.