Buildbox 2.3.3 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Thanks, ran a quick test and was able to duplicate this if I switched scene order around first. Submitted for fix.

Not 100% sure, but as soon as we're done knocking out issues from the new pricing plan implementation. Should be soon fairly soon, I want to get back on schedule with 3-4 week periodic releases.

AaroArts likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Oh yeah, that's right. I guess my games have not enough scenes. :) What is the minimum scenes you need to have so they are randomized?

And talking about this feature being redesigned, it would be great if it works as well with stacked/randomized scenes that have the same in and out point. Like between 5 scenes that go from distance 2000 to 6000. This never worked unfortunately.

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It was originally designed for games that have at least about 80 scenes. Cooldown does not make scenes random, it actually makes games less random by allowing you to not repeat scenes too soon. Things only become random again if there is no scene that can be selected via cooldown rules. At least that is my best understanding, full documentation of the feature will be released when it is updated.

4. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

This is an old thing it happens because there's Ads in that UI that affect the open and close transition.

BTW BB Team I do hope this bug below is fixed for BB 2.3.4 :) Will really help me with my current project

"Really happy that the 50x50 grid snapping is gone in UIs.

But can we have at least some snapping for UIs?
    in BB 2.2.9 when I drag around images and buttons in the UIs, I didn't have to remove decimal points all the time to get the positions right. In 2.2.9, it used to autosnap to 10x10 I think and that's what I think is best."

ZackGriset and Christoph like this.
  5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I'm putting my money on the iPhone XI arriving first :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Hue Buildbox and adrogdesigns like this.
  6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Few more things I came across today:

I've not tested them all, but when sharing Scores, I've found that:
    • "Collected Coins" seems to provide a random number (possibly best),
    • "Global Coins" gives "Current Coins",
    • "Collected Points" gives "Current Points",
    • "Global Points" seems to provide "Best Points",
    It seems Coins and Points are the opposite way around.

The Trail feature doesn't render properly if placed inside an Animation Screen when the Character jumps.
    (specifically if the Character then jumps from a different location than he landed, the Trail renders from the "landed" location before correcting itself).

Also 2.3.3 is using Google SDK 7.14.0 and the latest 7.29.0.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Danlespect and Christoph like this.
  7. franck75002

franck75002 Boxer

[​IMG]

to complete my previous post, here is the project: https://ufile.io/curh3

to reproduce the bug, you have to click on the rectangles surrounded @Andy @ZackGriset

[​IMG]

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is a Android device issue:
    It seems that when you put the high-score text label ('Best') to 'World' --> 'All', then the score gets messed up over time even though you only have one world in your game. Maybe this is again me not following the logic of the 'All' option. But if there is only one world my guess is that it should show the correct best score, no? This has happened on an Android device with using Points as the score system. Couldn't replicate it until now on iOS and it seems on BB preview it doesn't happen either.

9. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@TreySmith @Andy Since this thread is regarding 2.3.3 , I have a question.
    Is there a feature in existing buildbox for scores in world i.e. Current Score from each world must carry forward to next world and so..on ie 1,2,3 so on and not 1 1 1 :p .If there isn't such feature if you don't mind could you add this is feature in next update?It would be great if you could consider as i had to drop a game because i couldn't make this work :( because of the lack of this feature(If there is any then kindly let me know)All i see is total points which work flawless.

10. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @TimePassApps thanks for throwing this idea out there. Let's add this post to the feature requests of the forum that way it's easy to keep track of all the new feature requests.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  11. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

I‘m not sure if it’s a bug or if it’s only BB logic but it behaviors like a bug,

When you use a event observer with total coins for example „50“ ( for example to redirect to a other UI where the user gets a reward — I use this to show the player, he have enough to unlock a new character) it does only work when you collect this 50 coins in the same world.

But in my case I need this as a global variable over the whole game and not just one world. For my understanding total should really work for the total game or it would be nice to give this option a setting like „total coin current world“ and „total coin game“ or so...

I think we need some options to give the player some feedback when he have a good run or can unlock new stuff like in this example

ZackGriset likes this.
  12. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

You know, it's funny, but one other customer requested the same thing recently and I know exactly what you're trying to go for. I'll add this to our list for sure. I don't think we will be able to tackle this right away because we are busy with a lot of other tasks right now, but it's on the list. This is also kind of a feature request so we should move it over to that section as well so it's organized.

Wapps1 likes this.
  13. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @AaroArts , thanks for reporting this! Do you think you could send this into support as well. A couple screenshots and a bbdoc would be really helpful for us to nail this down. For the trail issue, you might be able to get away with using a particle emitter instead? Or maybe connecting the trail to the main character in the scene instead of inside the animation editor? Not sure what your restrictions are for your game, but I was trying to come up with other possible solutions. Also, is there any problems you're noticing with the current Google SDK? We don't always update the SDK unless there is an important reason to do so. Thanks again Sam, we really appreciate you mentioning these. If you have time, definitely send these into support :)

14. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Thanks @ZackGriset for considering it.Can you share feature request thread here? If you don't mind ;)

15. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Sure! Here it is: Feature Request . Let me know if you have any issues.

Snipering and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  16. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Why dont i have permission to view the page ?

17. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Are you a current customer? That section is only for current customers. If you're a current customer and you're still unable to view this page, then just email support at support@buildbox.com and we will help you out.

Snipering likes this.
  18. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Zak i have replied to you personally also just sent an email to support does answer why i cannot get in to.some of the forum though

19. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Yes I just responded to you through personal message. Sorry, I responded to you on here first. I had not seen your response yet. You get special permissions in the forum once you become a customer. We will take care of this for you today

Snipering likes this.
  20. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Cheers for your help Zak appreciated

ZackGriset likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.