Color Switch Revenue

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by armando96, Sep 27, 2017.

1. armando96

armando96 Guest

How much money from ads does Color Switch make today? My goal is to make a game that explodes and gets 100 million+ downloads like color switch. It has really inspired me. I understand that game design is the most important thing when making a successful title. I'm reading at of game design and arming my self with knowledge. Just want to know how much revenue color switch is generating and how much the creator, David my hero, makes. I've been hearing that games don't make much from ads online and most of the money comes from iapurchases. Wanting to know if this market is really worth getting into(the simple casual flappy bird kind of games market). I know there is a market but again not sure about how much money coming from ads from the top titles. Thanks.

2. chrissy_wissy2

chrissy_wissy2 Avid Boxer

Im sure David @Machine Rises is under an NDA with his publisher so he wouldnt be able to provide any specifics but my guess would be A LOT!

3. Tarsier Games

Tarsier Games Avid Boxer

I want to make a game that will get me 100 million+ downloads too! LOL

Believe me, you will not think of revenue anymore if you create a game like Color Switch. :) The usual average revenue per user or ARPU for simple casual mobile games is around $0.03-$0.08. With a successful game with great retention and monetization I think that number can go even higher.

So anyway, lets take $0.06 to be your ARPU for your 100 million+ downloads game. That will get you and your publisher a minimum of 6 million $. Well, I guess the market is really worth it. :D

4. armando96

armando96 Guest

Thank you for motivating me

5. ShpotaSb

ShpotaSb Boxer

If the app is featured in the store (especially if its US) then all the ad providers will throw an insane amount of coin to buy that traffic.
    At my time at Appodeal, I have seen some featured apps getting several thousand a day while they were featured in just a single country store, but they had also taken advantage of several ad types. Another app that was featured was getting close to 1k a day but it had only skippable vids integrated
    Based on its insane popularity, I think CS is getting more than 20k a day from only one platform, and 10 times more when its featured. It has mostly US traffic which pays the mos too
    Plus when you have that much traffic, a lot of advertisers will go to you with direct deals which removes the middle partner (the ad network's fee) so you will be in direct contact with advertiser and getting more money.

bmsingha, Starman and andre_sprs like this.
  6. Michaelbarend

Michaelbarend Boxer

7. ShpotaSb

ShpotaSb Boxer

Thats only US and iphones. Its making much more if you include all countries and tablets.

8. Tarsier Games

Tarsier Games Avid Boxer

9. Michaelbarend

Michaelbarend Boxer

Oh man,
    And I thought 4236$ was a lot.

10. Tarsier Games

Tarsier Games Avid Boxer

It is a lot for just in-app in US for iPhone. :D :D :D

11. Smrdis

Smrdis Boxer

Arcade game with good retention numbers can do about $200-$300k per one million installs (estimates based on my games). So Color Switch be able to earn something about $20m-$30m of gross revenue with their 100m installs.

12. zoobi

zoobi Boxer

How accurate you guys think is thinkgaming.com ? seem pretty high to me

13. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

You need to think about how you will promote your application. And how much money you are willing to spend on it. Without this, even the most beautiful game is doomed to failure...

14. Logan

Logan Boxer

That’s the most bull crap thing I have ever heard. Just because you don’t promote your app or think about how much it will cost does not mean it’s doomed to failure. Flappy bird was a game Dong made just for fun, it took him 3 days. Hardly any money made flappy bird and it was ant promoted highly, it rooks about 3 months before it really casugjt people’s eyes. After that it made $50,000 a day.

15. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Then again that was a whole different time and era of the app store.