Gameplay duration

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by taimoorjavaid45, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

Hi, i'm facing problem during while using an action as gameplay its works perfect but i have set duration of it to 1 but it doesn't end attached is my setting SS.

Attached Files:

2. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

Yes I also have seen that issue too, so I avoid that type of action. Would like to know the solution too

3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

maybe try 0.01 or something similar.

4. Taimoor Javaid

Tried but no success @andre_sprs need to make again the complete game :( , anyway thank you guys.

5. PeterB

PeterB Boxer

@taimoorjavaid45 it's working as I expect here on v1.3.5.

(presuming it is on a level and not the start screen - my first mistake)
    after a collision the world properties set below in the action, last for the duration set (in seconds).

It's easiest to see it on game speed.
    My default was 100%, so I made the action trigger a 200% speed in both direction.
    The character scrolling speed changed as expected and then went back after the duration.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are expecting?

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not working here either. Actually sometime it does, sometimes not. This is a known glitch thou.

A great workaround, as tweettopix says, is an action that contains your original settings. Use a 4x4px opaque color image. Then, in the editor make it larger so you have a narrow but high action that you can use everywhere in your gameplay. Now adjust the collision shape to match your bigger size action and make the image transparent. No one ever will notice it is there. Obviously, this only works if your character has a directional movement, not if you move around free. But this for sure will be fixed in the next release.

7. Taimoor Javaid

Well i have created a test game with same setting and its working fine there,