New Game By Ketchapp And The Bb Guys

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by eyal, Sep 28, 2016.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@Jamie
    I'm not sure if they ever did or not? I do remember it as well.

2. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

This was taken from the Buildbox home page just now:

It alludes to the fact that you can too. All I'm asking for (as well as @eyal Im sure) is the ability to use the path system that was used for Sky. That shouldn't be too much to ask.
    I'm sure the approach taken here doesn't help and is the wrong way to go about it and I apologize for that (not completely lol) but if they don't know how we feel how can they make it better (lessons learned).

Any chance we'll see the the Sky path system in the near future?

Christoph likes this.
  3. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

i remember when Buildbox 2.0 Beta was open us on January , and most of the Boxer were complaining a lot , and they no body was happy with the first 2 beta i think ( before BB beta 4 ) . the software crash all the time , can't handle lot of levels , some features are missing .

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Trey was talking about the Buildbox UI being implemented in vector graphics. Frankly the old UI was not great in some instances. The UI is fully vector now where possible and looks really good in any resolution. The last bit that needs to be cleaned up related to this is full multi-screen support which is done and coming soon.

It's been tweaked to death by now, but I think is waiting for a final release schedule.

Regarding what features are or are not available. We use our games to test new possible features. Sometimes the feature does not work out too well and we have to leave it out for the time being. If we don't do this "R&D" work then Buildbox will never get better.

During the product lifetime we do add MANY more features over what we originally announce. Quite a few things slated for BB2 were released early into BB1 instead. We do our best to make everyone happy and try to over deliver, but it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time. As always we do listen and take feedback to improve in the future.

Specifically about SKY. There was a jump animation that changed the animation direction related to the path. It was found to not be workable on a large scale so was not added to Buildbox.

heathclose, trygii and Jamie like this.
  5. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Awesome, Thanks @Andy I am looking forward to playing Nik's sequel to SKY. The art styles is this one and the next one will make for fun gameplay experiences

Andy likes this.
  6. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@Andy I really appreciate you taking the time to respond it does mean a lot and you are a valued member of the buildbox team who I for one trust a lot! I agree it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time and believe you take feedback to improve in the future which is our future, thanks for hearing our bitchiness.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Jamie and Andy like this.
  7. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

@Andy just swoops in, drops science, and swoops out... he's the man

Jamie, Andy and Kevin W like this.
  8. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Thanks Andy for clarifying people is little greedy i also want to see and use that feature that was used in sky to change the direction with path as it look great i hope you find a workable solution to implement it if not there is nothing to do. maybe the team need only to focus in fixing BB 2.0 bugs but in other hand i was unpleasantly surprised when i saw a game that was created with BB 3.0 that is going to be published soon and we still waiting more from BB 2.0 as that zoom and jump from a path to an other should be in BB 2.0. thank you

9. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

So what you are saying is that it didn't work, and you chose not to release it but you know present a new "sky" game with the movement and a new camera movement that obviously work - I don't understand

Christoph likes this.
  10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The feature from SKY was completely scrapped and entirely rewritten for this new game. It's completely different now (even if it looks the same). It is planned for BB3 at the moment.

11. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

R&D is great but don't push to release to early because if the game becomes successful and you promote it again as being created with buildbox and users don't have the tools you'll have angry customers again. Be smart what's the rush on releasing app titles.
    I'm looking forward to BB3 :D
    And a satisfied customer.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    wesam_badr, eyal and Shawh like this.
  12. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Ok. Then why not give it to BB2 customers ? Why do u need to create BB3 which from the BB past will cost money and not be a free upgrade to paying customers

13. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Couldn't agree more. Again, It's like seeing a showreal of Unity and u buy it for the specific epic game that you can make now, but when you get u see that .....oops - this will be in the next version. then why put it in the showreal ? this is not ethical

14. zyrah.G

zyrah.G Boxer

how i can change the direction of the animation of ghost jump ?
    and is this option in buildbox 2.2.9 or 3 ?