Buildbox 2.3.3 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I have as well a problem with the Aspect ratio and iPhone X. I have made a tutorial whereas elements from the UI and the Gamefield are in the exact same position. It works well on iPhone 5 and Tablet, but on iPhone X positions are not the same in UI and Gamefield. I use the AUTO option for screen adjustment. To understand well the problem, you can simply add a button to a UI, then add the same image as an object in the gamefield. Then play all 3 different devices in preview. It doesn't matter if stick to edge is ticked or not. Actually ticked it's even worse.

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I experienced this too.

3. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @Christoph and @AaroArts, thanks for reporting both of these! I've got them recorded and I'll definitely discuss them in tomorrow's support meeting. If you have bbdoc examples to share, that's great, you can send them into support so we can use them as a reference, if not, that's okay too. I've already logged your messages :)

Christoph likes this.
  4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I sent an email to support too and included how to recreate it.
    I might have time tomorrow to create a new BBDoc if you can’t replicate it.

5. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

okay great man. You're way ahead of me ;) I'll definitely let you know if we are having trouble replicating it.

6. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I sent a game to AppSolute and they replied my with the same problem. Some fix for that?

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Ok, I had a free morning, so I made a video showing the issue I'm experiencing.
    I would upload the BBDoc, but the forum no-longer seems to have the attachment option.

Christoph likes this.
  8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Found a strange bug with Paths...
    They don’t attract the Character unless the Path is layered ABOVE the Character.

If it’s below it, then Character ignores it.

Christoph likes this.
  9. akrmtch

akrmtch Boxer

I have a mistake in me.
    In this version (2.3.3), the music does not work correctly when the character is killed.
    It's pretty annoying.
    For users, the game is referring to negative tone about the quality.

10. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

This is old bug from 2.8 from my experience :)

AaroArts likes this.
  11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You are not specific about the issue, but there is a note in the OP about something that is most likely related to it.

"The setting for UI nodes "Stop BGM on Death" preserves the classic behavior that is no longer possible now that we have a close animation."

BGM refers to Background Music in case you are unaware.

12. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Good Morning! So @AaroArts I just tried to replicate the issue and I was unable to make it happen. However, I did see something funky going on, so I'll send you a video in a message to show you what I'm seeing.

Also, @akrmtch, can you email support please with an example. There isn't enough information here to identify the problem and we want to try and fix this. Any extra info you can give us will help us diagnose it faster.

13. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Its Impossile fit a game to Ipad and Iphone X at teh same time :(

14. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

why? it's very possible

15. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Images from atlas are still not getting deleted, especially once used as background

Update:

It worked after repoen project from file

16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Any objects that are still queued in the undo buffer will not be removed. For example:

1) Delete object
    2) Optimize
    3) Deleted object WILL NOT be removed (because it could be undone)
    4) Close BBDOC and re-open
    5) Optimize
    6) Deleted object WILL be removed.

This behavior is completely normal.

17. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Thank You

18. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Really happy that the 50x50 grid snapping is gone in UIs.

But can we have at least some snapping for UIs?
    in BB 2.2.9 when I drag around images and buttons in the UIs, I didn't have to remove decimal points all the time to get the positions right. In 2.2.9, it used to autosnap to 10x10 I think and that's what I think is best.

At least there should be an option to turn snapping on or off for UIs, or at the very least, an ability to determine the grid snapping for UIs as well. Hope this feature, or at least the one from BB 2.2.9, makes its way back for 2.3.4! Thank you so much!

AndyG and Collin Wade Thiessen like this.
  19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Bug: Purchase Button
    When you add a purchase button and choose 'One Time Purchase' it only works if the interval is set to 1. As soon as you put it to Interval 2 or higher, the button keeps appearing instead of disappearing completely after you clicked it.

Petition: Purchase Button (already submitted to support)
    When you add a Purchase button (to make a continue button for example) and choose 'in Game Currency' for Purchase Method and set One Time Purchase to 'Per Game Purchase' then the button is NOT visible after you used it which is great and in my opinion the correct behavior. Now when you change this same button to Video Reward instead, the button keeps being visible after having it used and gets a dark gray overlay to show that it is not available. This is unnecessary and most of the time ugly design wise (more with light design style), but it also limits us on how to implement the continue button in a separate UI. So since we are not able to hide an entire UI like other games from other engines are doing it, my petition is to make this button always behave like when it is set to 'In Game Currency'. Please make it completely disappear after having it used once.

AaroArts likes this.
  20. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys , about my problem with Iphone X support:

I will explain my situation and i hope that you can give me a little hope to fix it:

Problems:

1 - If i fit to H, my game works fine on preview and after build on Iphone 5 to 8 and in Iphone X (Ipad and Iphone 4 Broken)
    2 - If i fit to W, my game works fine on preview and after build on Iphone 5 to 8 and in Ipad or Iphone 4 (Iphone X Broken)
    3 - If i set to AUTO, my game works fine on preview and after build it works or Iphone 5 to 8 but it is broken on Ipad, Iphone X and Iphone 4
    4 - Screenshots 1 to 8 are the results in preview when i set to AUTO in Buildbox
    5 - Screenshots 9 to 12 are the results in my devices after export the build with AUTO option or if i set H or W. In this case H works fine to Iphone X and not for Ipad and W works for Ipad and not for Iphone X
    6 - Screenshots 13 to 15 are my Buildbox screen.

I am sending a lot of screenshots showing the problems and also the BBDOC. No assets marked to "Stick to Edge".

I don´t know what to do anymore. The Guy from Appsolute is waiting my reply and i am nervous here :(

Can you help me please?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.