Buildbox 2.3.2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It’s interesting what you guys are saying. I have advanced moves that sometimes work and sometimes not.

In general I have this feeling with 2.3 that things are not constant. Sometimes things work one way, then another. My game has a ball bouncing around and there are a lot of small objects where it rebounces. Sometimes it simply doesn’t see them. And rebounces wrong. It’s a hit and miss and my guess this has all to do with the collision shapes. Sometimes they are not recognized or are somehow moved. I can’t say for sure but it drives me crazy. But at the same time I’m unable to reproduce a clear example of it either to showcase to the team.

2. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey guys, I totally understand how you feel and I just want you to know that I'm logging all requests and we're working diligently on these fixes. We are doing our best to fix these issues as fast as we can. We are increasing our frequency of software update releases so that the fixes can get to you quicker. We really appreciate your feedback, especially videos like the one @AaroArts posted. Videos like that help significantly. Also, @Christoph, still working to see if we can add the capability to post regular video files without having to use Youtube, Vimeo, etc. I'll let you know when we have a definitive answer.

AndyG likes this.
  3. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Zack,

I am really sad because i made a trailer for my game and now i am looking for publishers and i am afraid if i can finish my game with these problems. If i get a contract probaly i will port everything to Unity , Construct, Game Maker or another engine and pay money that i don´t have to have my game done and published. I don´t habe problems with regular limitations of Buidbox. i made the game thinking in these limitations, but bugs are a piece of shit :(

Please fix it

ngs_i8 likes this.
  4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

It's been a long time since there was a section in the forum where Beta versions of the new versions of BB were added. (Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3...)
    Why is not it being done?
    By applying Beta versions, users could try new versions better.

spicedbeangames and AndyG like this.
  5. akimrix

akimrix Boxer

[​IMG] bullets shooting bug in 2.3.2 build 1922

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
  6. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Was looking you up to help you, then saw you've never bought the software.... and you have been trolling us for THREE YEARS. Literally since the initial release of Buildbox. Banned.

[​IMG]

7. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hi Akirmx, can you tell me specfically what is wrong here? Bullets not hurting character? You sure they're set to kill character?

8. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Honestly, I felt with the drama around here it was more important to get stuff out ASAP. We'll go back to slower beta releases after 2.3.3.

jcalle likes this.
  9. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hey man, we have more games published with Buildbox than Gamemaker and construct combined. I can absolutely assure you if anything is holding you back, we can fix it quickly. Just email us and let us know what it is. Communicate with us. We work hands on with every publisher and most Buildbox customers who are getting a game published.

10. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Advanced move has always been a bit of a tricky one. Nik is not happy with it and we are dropping it for 3.0. It was created to solve many problems because we didn't have logic, which we will solve with nodes. That said, I used it in games like Wall Switch, and know it pretty well. I'm assuming you have complex collision shapers going on? Because, for example, if you had an octagon, you're going to get wildly different bounce off trajectories between sides of the polygon. Let me know and i will try to help.

11. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@TreySmith Please, add Appodeal and GameAnalytics SDKs into BB 2.3.x ASAP. Thanks. And Vungle =)

12. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

We are working on an adaptable way to add ANY SDK instead of manually trying to do each one. It's difficult, but we need to do it... because everyone wants something different and you would not believe the amount of time we spend keeping SDKs up to date.

Member_Game, jcalle and justforward like this.
  13. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hey Trey, i did it and i received a lot of empty response. Do you want to see? I show you:

Ok first off, beautiful looking game. Love the style!

1 - Sometimes when i tried to jump my character stuck on jump animation and when i try to walk again i can´t jump anymore and i have to restart the game.

Believe this could be solved by changing ground threshold to a smaller value. Something like 0.01 or 0.001.

2 - I made a mechanism to open an door when i colide with a power up. After i die sometimes the door just open without i collide with power up. Its tottaly ramdom, sometimes happens and sometimes not.

Is the character still colliding with the power up after death? If so this makes sense. Have you tried this with debug mode on?

3 - When i try to create some portals and play the game, buildbox crashes.

Are there repeatable steps to this? Just simply create a few portals and observe crash?

4 - Death Animation is weird, when Character dies he stays on the screen.

Was this a different behavior or an older build? The character animation is expected to disappear I'm guessing? Just want to clarify.

5 - Game frames are not working when i export game to EXE or IOS. I test to put orange collide limitations and it does not work. I had to put invisible objects around or game to avoid player falls.

Super odd and really concerning. Testing currently. It works in preview but not on device basically?

We will definitely work with you to resolve these so want to ensure you have the utmost faith in your game! Great looking game again by the way!

Thanks,
    Sean
    Buildbox

Now I will show you my reply and i fixed by myself i some problems:

Hi

Ok first off, beautiful looking game. Love the style!

1 - Sometimes when i tried to jump my character stuck on jump animation and when i try to walk again i can´t jump anymore and i have to restart the game.

Believe this could be solved by changing ground threshold to a smaller value. Something like 0.01 or 0.001.

I fixed it and the problem is Buildbox and i will prove it.

See this picture:

[​IMG]

This RED AREA is problematic. When you use Touch controls in this area you have problems. I made this test in two games right now. For jump you got this problem that i mentioned. And for controls i can´t use LEFT very well. At the edge of the screen i can´´t use left.

For fix i put JUMP in a UP area and i put controles for a little more right and now i can play. Please fix it. I think that problem is a collision with GAME FRAME. I think that when we touch at these areas you have some bug with GAME FRAME limits. I don´t know

2 - I made a mechanism to open an door when i colide with a power up. After i die sometimes the door just open without i collide with power up. Its tottaly ramdom, sometimes happens and sometimes not.

Is the character still colliding with the power up after death? If so this makes sense. Have you tried this with debug mode on?

I have fixed it too. The problem was that i had a second scene and i did not aligned it. So i erased second scene and aligned scenes. I think that it makes my game crazy and caused this problem.

3 - When i try to create some portals and play the game, buildbox crashes.

Are there repeatable steps to this? Just simply create a few portals and observe crash?

Yes. Follow these steps:

1 - Create two portals and just put "Exit Only" for ine of them. I think that you know that you have to do this for sure hehehehe.

2 - RESIZE portals. If you dont resize t works, if you resize, Buildbox crashes. Please test it in my BBOC.

4 - Death Animation is weird, when Character dies he stays on the screen.

Was this a different behavior or an older build? The character animation is expected to disappear I'm guessing? Just want to clarify.

See what Andy said in the last Build:

"Some of the outstanding issues that should be fixed in 2.3.3:

• object layering issue after copying linked objects
    • screenshot sharing issues
    • negative scale issues for objects
    • Close animation/BGM issue at character death
    • and more"
    This highlighted red is the problem that i am facing

5 - Game frames are not working when i export game to EXE or IOS. I test to put orange collide limitations and it does not work. I had to put invisible objects around or game to avoid player falls.

Super odd and really concerning. Testing currently. It works in preview but not on device basically?

We will definitely work with you to resolve these so want to ensure you have the utmost faith in your game! Great looking game again by the way!

Ok man i hope that this reply helps you because i am very sad with buildbox. I am puting a new bbdoc on attatchments, please check it

Thanks,
    Sean
    Buildbox

I feel you little pissed in the last reply and i understand because now a lot of customers are complaing here but i am about to get a publisher and i am afraid that i have to move to another Engine because these problems. I don´t want Buildbox like a prototype system and yes a final product that i can use. 2.2.9 is fine but i want to use 2.3 because it has a lot of stuff that make me save time.

Please check it Trey and don´t say that i did not contact because i did it.

14. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Ahhhh and about Publishers i heard that Vooddoo and Ketchapp does not accept games from Buildbox anymore. If you can prove it too thats fine. I will very happy if i can publish on them

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  15. akimrix

akimrix Boxer

in the buildbox bullets kill characters, and when exported to android or windows .exe there the bullets don't kill characters, bullets are frozen and do not cause damage.
    I thought the problem was in pictures, I optimized atlases, I looked at the button "Stick of Edge" - there are no problems.
    I do export to Android, open the project in Android Studio, checked the assembly, Gradle 4.1 - right, "JDK 8" - right , open in the emulator - the same bug. In the phone API 22, API 26 - the same problem.
    I thought the problem in the assembly decided to change to Java 9 "JDK 9", nothing has changed, downloaded Android 3.1 Beta 3.1 with Gradle 4.4 that did not work. I thought it might be a problem in exports? I export windows "exe", again this bug with bullets.
    Thanks for the help :)

16. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

I talked to Hugo (VooDoo founder) about this three days ago, and Ketchapp submitted a Buildbox game yesterday for a customer. I can assure you, in most cases, it's fine. And if it's ever not, let us know and we'll find out what they need and make a custom build. For example. Ketchapp has an SDK that they require. We have a special version of Buildbox in support that has this included. We've done the same for Umbrella, Zplay and others. Sometimes we have to do a little extra work, but we get it done.

Man, I have to be honest with you. I think Sean handled that perfectly. He is troubleshooting every point individually, confirming none are user error, making note of any specific issues, and we're updating any found bugs to be fixed in the next version.

Let me know what you are wanting here so we can review and try to improve. I definitely want you to have a good support experience, but I need to understand what that would entail.

spicedbeangames and Christoph like this.
  17. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Also i think that he did a good work and its not his fault. I just think that his response was a litthe empty because i fixed 2 problems with work arrounds and i don´t know why these problems was happening , i just make some work arounds and fixed it. For another problems i sent a bbdoc and explain the problema but he just reply to make steps to reproduce when its very simple just test what i did and see the problem. I worked for 17 years for customer suport in IT companies and i know how it works and i just want more quick solutions and more builds with problems fixed. When you will release the next Build? Zack told maybe in the end of January. Do you have some close date? I really like you Trey and in the last Global Game Jamm all guys were crazy when see Buildbox and how fast i finished my game. I love Buildbox but i am really very sad with these bugs and i don´t to fight with you here in the Forum. Its the last thing that i want.

18. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I don't know what that one dudes issue was but i love every version of BB lol. When i get with a version thats bugged on x function, i just work on another project until its fixed or find another way to do it in BB. BB just gets better and better. The better and more powerful something is, the more issues it will produce. It isn't like you CANT make a game on a bugged version. You just cant use that one feat. One of my favorite things to do in BB is come up with new tricks to achieve x function. I can fire up latest Microsoft Word and show you 5 bugs. it doesn't mean anything. And BB has the track record to prove that even on OLD versions, it CAN make hit games that change the devs life. So hustle hustle and make it happen. If you have been paying for BB for years and haven't made anything good, that's you bro....that's you. hahahahahaha. Sorry, not sorry.

akimrix and ZackGriset like this.
  19. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hummm, if i cannot work because something its bugget so its my fault? So am i a bad BB developer that can´t handle these problems? Ok, interesting....

20. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

A bad developer places all his eggs in one basket. i have 6 projects im working on in BB. if i cant focus on one, i move to next until able to go back. Go with the flow with what you got. There is NEVER a time im not developing something. Even if one project has to be postponed for a bit. So make sure you can keep working on other stuff during down times.

akimrix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.