Buildbox 2.3.2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidApp

KidApp Boxer

There is another thing with sound for action.
    If the action has an image in Default Animation - it plays the sound (START SOUND). If you delete that image, then the sound doesn't play!!!!!

2. KidApp

KidApp Boxer

Who knows, how to change the grid size in UI?

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I started with the Wall Jump preset.
    Pretty early on this happened, I’m still setting up buttons/gameplay.

It happens when you drag in images and create the Object INSIDE the Animation.

To solve this, I had to drag the Objects into the Scene directly, THEN go to the Animation and select the Object from the left drop down menu.

It was deleting the image and place holder from the Object Death Animation, but only deleting the image and leaving the placeholder in the Action Animation.

I’ve just started a new BBDoc from scratch and replicated it.

Christoph likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That makes totally sense. I normally add all my objects first to the scene, then add them from the list. Good catch.

AaroArts likes this.
  5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

WHY buildbox 2.3.0 beta1 and beta2 forum post was deleted I was searching for something and couldn't find them.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

fixed: taking damage sound not playing

Anybody still having issues with this? I have but I'm not sure if I have set it up correctly, but sounds do play sometimes, sometimes not, sometimes they get cut in half, sometimes they lower gain, sometimes they play when you leave the collision shape instead of when you hit it, etc... It drives me crazy.

You can watch an example video of it here:
    https://streamable.com/s/sqzxb/udxty

My guess is that once again, the collision shapes are not detected correctly. But it's only a guess. Somebody has working SFX with taking damage sound working?

ah, and mods: could you please enable video uploads to the forum, it's so difficult to find a place online to upload videos that works.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug:

as soon as I copy now connected objects from one scene to another, Buildbox crashes completely. I can copy individual objects with multiple select, but if I multiple select 2 connected objects and paste them in the next scene Buildbox crashes.

Edit: this is by the way easy reproducible with the default template (or any other). Just connect one object to another, multiple select them, copy paste into another scene. Crash.

That makes now 2 bugs that regarding the fixed list posted should be fixed in this latest version, but they aren't...

AaroArts and AppNasty like this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I just had that happen. However, when i rebuilt the object i could copy all selected/connected objects and copy them fine. SOMETHING with the first collection of objects was different. Might send the bbdoc to support so they can reproduce it. Then again, when BB crashed, like 8 times before i quit doing it [lol] i see a quick crash menu pop up and go away. Im guessing this was an auto crash reporter. Maybe that is good enough versus the bbdoc.

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You can reproduce it with the default template in 3 simple steps. Not project related at all.

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Same with Objects being deleted.
    Are Support/mods not checking this thread?!

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha, yeah, I literally can't use this version because I was going to design scenes and I have to copy rigs with a lot of connections. Crashing Buildbox forces me to use an earlier version, but then oh wait, I can't use an earlier version either because of the duplicating issues... :) Guess I have to wait another 2 weeks for the next version.

12. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

In after 2 weeks we still don´t have a new version or new version don´t fix it? ehehehhee

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Can we also get a button to toggle Snapping in the UI Screens?

14. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Can we also add points to objects so we can use as enemies with kill points all games are not about collecting stars or coins

15. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Portal is broken on 2.3.2. If you add and use portals so Buildbox broken

16. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

I'm here Sam. I documented your issues and shared them with the development team this morning. We will take care of it asap. Could you also please send in a bbdoc to support so we can take a closer look at it? I know you said it's easy to reproduce, but so far, I haven't been able to reproduce it and I really want to help. A video would really help as well. You can send that into support or you can send that to me, whatever you like. You don't have to send anything in if you don't want to, it just helps us fix the problems faster.

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Can you enable video upload so we can showcase here the bugs? It would be the easiest way to show off something and if others see it and experience similar issues they can join in. This way it's maybe the fastest possible way to make a complete list of things not working.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  18. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys,

This last weekend i made a game in a jam using Buildbox using 2.3.2 and i had a lot of issues :(

Please see this video:

List :

1 - Sometimes when i tried to jump my character stuck on jump animation and when i try to walk again i can´t jump anymore and i have to restart the game.

2 - I made a mechanism to open an door when i colide with a power up. After i die sometimes the door just open without i collide with power up. Its tottaly ramdom, sometimes happens and sometimes not.

3 - When i try to create some portals and play the game, buildbox crashes.

4 - Death Animation is weird, when Character dies he stays on the screen.

5 - Game frames are not working when i export game to EXE or IOS. I test to put orange collide limitations and it does not work. I had to put invisible objects around or game to avoid player falls.

Please fix it urgent. Now i will try a publisher for my game and i cannot handle with these isseus making workarounds.

I paid a full year last year and now in december when i renew and i don´t want to use Buildbox just like a protoype tool again :(

*I sent a email to support

19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Hello @ZackGriset / @Andy
    There's really no point in sending a BBDoc, as the images are deleted the moment the File is Saved.

But here's a video showing the Bug from Scratch in Real-Time.

Basically, if you drag in Object DIRECTLY into an Action or Objects Animation Box, when you save, close and re-open, the Images are deleted!
    You may not have noticed this before because if you Drag them into the Scene FIRST, it doesn't happen.

Grab your Popcorn... :rolleyes:

20. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

1 - Sometimes when i tried to jump my character stuck on jump animation and when i try to walk again i can´t jump anymore and i have to restart the game.

Have exactly the same but on advanced movement
    Its like after using several times timeout goes to 0( Animation just keep going ) and the whole game get stuck and have to restart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.