I Guess Google Featured My Game?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Appossible, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Hello boxer,

Well, it's just a guess, because I launched it 16th Jan., and got hundreds of downloads from yesterday, 21st Jan. and the number is still increasing. I didn't do any marketing things at all. No idea what's happening.

and I was wondering that, is there any other way to know if google is featuring my game except through App Annie? Coz since the game is just released, App Annie is not showing my game yet.

Here is my game:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appossible.Triangle

adrogdesigns likes this.
  2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

What country are all the downloads from, is it mainly one country, or a couple.
    if its mainly one then let us know, and maybe some helpful boxers will check the store in there country and let you know.
    Oh game looks pretty cool,

3. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

I don't know why, but something similar happened to one of my games last year, I've got almost 5000 downloads in the first days after the launch, but almost all of the downloads are from China, I read somewhere that it was some bot downloads from companies that sell installs, but I don't purchase any installs, maybe they are just testing their bots or something like that.

But I hope that your installs are genuine!
    Wish you success!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,Google play is different from Apple or OviStore (Nokia store which i miss badly) .100 of downloads in google play doesn't mean that the app has been featured but it means the app has got a grip on the store there by increasing gradually till 2k downloads per day.Some keywords in your game might have triggered that.Its really way different compared to the other two stores.
    But if the downloads are steady i mean with this gradual increase then it will be on top 500 new free games /apps chart and slowly will make its way to trending list in that category.All you could do is just observe.

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

His video was viewed more than 10,000 times, I found a Chinese website where his game is shown.
    See to which countries the downloads belong and to which countries belong the visualizations of your video.

https://www.taptap.com/app/77182

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

When i uploaded my how to draw cars app it got 2500 downloads first few days. Come to find out it was purely because people happen to be searching for how to draw x apps lol. hit about 50k downloads in 6 months. no marketing or posting about it.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.