Is Anyone Making A Decent Living?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by dan_counsell, Jan 6, 2018.

1. dan_counsell

dan_counsell Avid Boxer

Hey ya'll,

Is there anyone on here making a decent living producing games with Buildbox full time?

If so would you mind sharing some details, i.e. how many games have you shipped? How frequently do you publish new games? Are you putting them on the App Store direct, or via a publisher?

I've only shipped one so far, details here, but am planning on ramping things up.

Interested to hear what others are doing, and what's working or not working.

Cheers
    Dan

bentforktech, Qdeveloper and AndyG like this.
  2. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Ditto and bump!

3. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I am not. I have almost broken even over the last 14 months if I do not include my time. Enough to pay for the sub and App Store fees.

I only have 5 shipped games and each one is better than the last. So ramping up with a few more as I work on them.

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I was for awhile but in a diff way than you'd expect. I was designing apps using BB and it landed me an offer of partial ownership of a company in Orlando Fla. Was making about $2,300 a month from the spot and about $200 a month extra from my how to draw cars app made with BB, which ranked number 2 on google play in that category. I ended up moving back home after i found out the guys where committing copyright infringement against Apple, Hasbro and Disney by selling fake stuff on Amazon. So i removed my draw app as i had an issue with ADS loading too quick and people complaining about accidental clicks. But got too lazy and never fixed it and re-upped the app lol. Plan to, but decided to polish it first. That lasted about 9 months before i pulled the trigger. As of right now, ive sold games ive made to clients and spend most my time polishing my uber secret ultra mega unique never been done before on BB games. lololol. We shall see.

comicsmathias likes this.