Appodeal Mediation Sdk - Tutorial

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by ShpotaSb, Sep 21, 2017.

1. bioded

bioded Boxer

Its works! Thank you!

AstrologicMedia likes this.
  2. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

@ShpotaSb

My app is primarily aimed at children, i must opt in to the "Designed for Families programme" in play store. Is your ad network compliant with Designed for Families ads policies. Please also read the (Ads & Monetization) section clearly in the given link. And any suggestions on the best way to monetize the apps which are approved for "Designed for families" program ?. Thanks.

3. ShpotaSb

ShpotaSb Boxer

Hi there, to clarify a bit, Appodeal is not an "ad network", it doesnt have its own ad demand. It's a mediation service that gives you access to all the major ad networks in the industry (over 35+) and then chooses the best deal between them for your traffic.

Yes, appodeal supports Designed for Families, while creating the application in the dashboard, you can click the "filter mature content" box and it will block all the ads not meant to be seen by the younger audience. Plus, if you have a substantial US traffic, you can also enable COPPA to be compliant with the US laws, etc. However, this will obviously limit your ad inventory but its still better than going with an ad network directly since you will still have more fill. Soon, there will be an SDK designed specifically for kids apps, but I'm not sure when it will be released.

4. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

@ShpotaSb
    I have a problem with my new iOS game, the background music is not muted when the ads are playing, the music is setup in the START scene to continue playing during all scenes, on Android it works fine and mute the music when showing interstitials or videos.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

5. ShpotaSb

ShpotaSb Boxer

No way to do it on iOS at the moment, unfortunately. You can however, if muted sound is a must, disable video interstitials and leave only static interstitials in the ad placement. There is an option to control which ad type you want between the two in the apps setting. Appodeal has static and video interstitials combined in one placement to get you the most ad networks, consequently more ad inventory and potential for revenue since those two ad types will be competing with each other.

6. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

Ok, I put the music volume down a bit, I was just afraid that Apple would reject the app because of this issue but it has been approved. Thanks anyway!

7. ShpotaSb

ShpotaSb Boxer

You could disable ads entirely until Apple has approved the app, and then re-enable them in segments, no updating required, its just a button in the dashboard.

AstrologicMedia likes this.
  8. mrunmayphanse

mrunmayphanse Boxer

I am actually getting this error everytime i try to export it...... i have done everything perfectly but still
    getting this error........ any solution ?

Screenshot_11.png

9. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

Take a look at this post:
    Appodeal Integration

mrunmayphanse and Christoph like this.
  10. her4999

her4999 Boxer

I followed this tutorial but got this error on xcode. I used buildbox 2.2.9, xcode 8.3.3
    Apple Mach-O Linker Error Group
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

11. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

@ShpotaSb
    In case you have any information on how to integrate Appodeal on BB 2.3 version please let us know! I didn't try in iOS yet, but now that BB change to Android Studio, the Eclipse instructions don't work anymore. :(

Christoph and wcgames like this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, definitely interested in this now as well. Want to try it out for the next release since I heard really really good things about it and games I love have it integrated as well. @ShpotaSb are tutorials up to date with the latest releases (both Appodeal and Buildbox)?

Edit: I see that latest official release is 2.1.7 and the one to download in the first post is 2.1.4.
    I also see that the Android integration seems to be for Eclipse. This is awesome to have for exports from Buildbox 2.2.x up to 2.2.10 but for Buildbox 2.3.x upwards we'll need the steps for Android Studio.

In short, would love to see an update to the instructions.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer