Have A Meeting With Voodoo

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Appossible, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Hey, I sent a video of my game to the voodoo a couple of days ago, and I got an email from voodoo today saying let's schedule a skype meeting.

So I'm wondering that if you guys had this kind of meeting with voodoo or other publishers? what do they ask and talk about in the meeting? Could you please share the experience? thanks

I'm just want to make a good preparation on this

Edited:
    The game title is <Triangle Field>.
    It's available on both stores now.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

Hey first of all can you show us a glimpse of your game that you sent

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Simply enjoy. It’s just a call to explain how they work and see if you want to colaborate. Be honest and yourself. The Voodoo guys are amazing. Good luck!

Ps: no, don’t show a glimpse or anything else of your game publicly until you release. There are too many cloners and pirates out there.

volcank, Danlespect, icatt23 and 5 others like this.
  4. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Thanks for your reply and tips, that's very kind of you:)

5. lqur

lqur Boxer

Nice! And no, don’t show anything here or elsewhere, you will get copied!
    Hope things will workout for you!

icatt23 and ZuvayGame like this.
  6. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

I agree with Christopher and Iqur. Ask for help, but never post your game concept on this forum until your game is published.

7. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

Yeah i also agree with that and its true,sorry i asked for showing us your game.

Christoph likes this.
  8. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

I've also had a meeting with the in November last year and I was told that I would be sent further e-mails to test my game but I never received anything, It seemed really unprofessional to do. I've sent them emails but they haven't answered.

comicsmathias likes this.
  9. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

@Appossible good luck! It would be nice if you could share some experience with voodoo. I‘m also consider to work with a publisher, but i always read some bad news about publisher. It would really help all Buildboxers to hear some real stores who have tried or worked with a big publisher like voodoo

Thanks

10. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Me too!

11. horsthuber05

horsthuber05 Boxer

Wait when did you sent them the game? I've sent them mine too some weeks ago but they never even opened my mail :(

12. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

13. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I'm starting to hear more and more stories now of initial interest by Voodoo. Getting access to your game to review. Some positive feedback that suggests they might take things further and then.... crickets! Tumbleweed. Personally Im getting suspicious of what they are up to o_O

14. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I've had 2 calls with Voodoo. The first one as others explained was to talk about your game idea etc. I then had a follow up call with one of the owners and product manager to discuss how they work, what they look for and go over a document sheet of the process.

Like others, still waiting to hear back but currently creating some prototypes to send over. Voodoo are driven by metrics. I've watched how some of their games perform and after 3-4 weeks sitting outside any ranking, suddenly are in the top 20. I also have noticed they have released many self published games too (Rider clone but less polished).

Everything is a risk but if they are true to their word, the rewards are very good, but limited if you indeed manage to have a game dominate the app store for months.

15. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

@spicedbeangames Have you actually signed anything with Voodoo and are locked in? Or are you free to go with other Publishers?

16. spicedbeangames

I signed their contract, yes. They would like first rejection of any idea/prototypes you make. If I want to make smaller games that aren't really publisher worthy games, they are happy for me to do that too.

They seem like very nice, smart people. Really, if they take on just one of your games - it could change your life for a small time developer.

harislatif and Christoph like this.
  17. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

Are you saying that they like to reject your first idea or prototype but they want small games that arent really publisher worthy?

18. spicedbeangames

No. Voodoo just would like my first prototypes of games thrown their way, to see if they are interested in the idea and take it through their process of testing.

Say if I was to make a Super Mario Run clone (as an example) - they are happy for me to do that without approaching them to publish it.

Christoph likes this.
  19. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

so you do have a game signed under contract with Voodoo??

20. spicedbeangames

Nothing yet but have submitted a few titles. Just waiting on feedback. The trick is understanding what they are looking for I guess. Small bite sized chunks of gameplay.