Buildbox 2.3.1

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Admob Banner Ads aren't rendering at all anymore in 2.3.1.

[PTAdAdMobDelegate] banner error: Error Domain=com.google.ads Code=1 "Request Error: No ad to show." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Request Error: No ad to show., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Request Error: No ad to show.}

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Oh my god. This version its a complete disaster

3. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

Every time I step into this forum there is a new seriously flaw. If this program was a car there would be recalls and a class action lawsuit. lol. I just put lol and I really don't even think its funny. So much money and time wasted. I can't recommend this product to anyone.

4. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I'm just going to finish my current projects then take a break from using Buildbox because my health depends on this. There are so many bugs and crashes, feels like pre alpha.

Lamora likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We are working on it now... it's a matter of days.

Could be many reasons for this. Ads don't usually just stop working (if working previously) unless there is some outside factor. Could be a network issue, wifi, no ads available for your device, or your location, etc. That said is this Android or iOS? HeyZap mediation?

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha, I'm as well waiting only for this update to keep working on my project. I need to duplicate hundreds of rigs with a lot of connections between decorations, platforms, actions, menu jumps and transform objects. Can't be soon enough to have this working as it should.

7. benneybowy

benneybowy Boxer

let us know when the 2.3.x is stable again so i can buy a license to test out Buildbox.

icatt23 likes this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually it doesn't play when you die and the game over event is triggered. It has nothing to do with actions or menu jumping.
    Weird that you are not getting any of those issues. Maybe we have different versions and it is already fixed?

See:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    and...
    [​IMG]
    The sign at the bottom left shows when I hit delete on my keyboard. My goal is to delete the dot at the top.

@Andy: You really don't have any of those problems?

I definitely can confirm that. Half of my images (or more) are not removed. It seems completely random though.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    AaroArts and swiftcurrent like this.
  9. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I just did a quick check copying a group of 4 items. 3 Objects and 1 Action which had a connection to a separate Object. Copy/Paste seemed to work fine... but... on checking, the Action+Object was actually duplicated!

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

After googling it and spending some time on StackOverflow, I’ve solved this by “Resetting Advetising Indentifier” in Settings/Privacy/Advertising on iOS 11.
    Admob Banners are now appearing again.
    Long story short it’s something to do with limiting the amount of AD IDs a device can call and is built into iOS 10 and 11.

What you show here in these gifs @Christoph is EXACTLY what I was experiencing when linking Actions and Objects.
    In the end I decided to do it all manually to save time.

Christoph likes this.
  11. drew

drew Boxer

I bought buildbox 1 and it was full of bugs. Even after that got buildbox 2 which has been full of bugs. Even after that I got the buildbox master collection and that was buggy and never updated at all. It took that long for me to learn my lesson. I saw the recent release of the master collection part 2 and there was no way I was going to spend more money on their software. It's all about pumping out new software and cashing in instead of building quality products. My buildbox 2 is constantly crashing and getting errors that it can't connect to the server. I can't work with it. Instead of pumping out new software they should focus on actually getting buildbox 2 working properly, but that doesn't seem to be the business model.

KidApp, Christoph and Phoebe like this.
  12. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

As a new user MC2, your right it is quite difficult for us, luckily for me, tho I have experience using other developing apps but liked the simplicity that buildbox has to offer, and your right it comes down to the one or two that seems to reply though most of the time. though that is where the issue begins for a new user. You often get a link to BB tutorials or reference to the user manual. which is a written version of the not so intuitive video tutorial. if they are going to bring the software up to scratch they need to bring the videos and user manuals up to scratch also, they are outdated and for one really hasn't help me I simply have worked things out for my self and continue to do so.

As per previous it needs to be polished, you don't by a new car not expect to work and have to clean the dirt off it and to pay upfront as well for the experience, my experience BB2.3 and 2.3.1 has been mixed, I have lost hours worth of work because it has crashed, I have been stuck at a point wondered how I get around it, Like jump menu, (video tells you what it does but does not truly tell you how to execute it) in fact it probably does not work properly I spent 3hrs on a work around, if it actually did what it says on the can it probably would be 10 second set up.)
    I still don't know how to set up a ladder on a platformer I have spent days trying to figure it out watched videos followed videos to the letter and still it's a pile junk so I ditched ladders from the game and have taken it a different way because I simply do not want to waste time figuring what are basic movements out.

Remember how BB is advertised
    Unlimited Game Creation Possibilities, unfortunately, everything has a limit! it is software creating software there are limits.
    Create hit games in hours – not months – with Buildbox only if you want a circle jumping over a triangle and a box
    the above 2 statements drew me in so in all i have to stick with buildbox, after all, I plunged $3k into it just hope BB2.3.3 & BB3.0 is the much-awaited saviour

Christoph likes this.
  13. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

There is another bug that making me unable to just update me games and walk away ! ,
    since i was asking for at least some discount like three times but get nothing.

So the bug is
    Advanced movement: after you use it a few times, it just freeze the animation and i am unable to move character or do anything else
    Its like it changing timeout to 0 and the animation is stuck there for ever but you also cant do anything else like move character or click anything else

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Christoph likes this.
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Just so that it doesn't get lost @Andy, here's the bug with the hierarchy I talked about before as well:

[​IMG]

If you have rigs with 20 or more elements and paste them in a scene with already hundreds of elements they get distributed all over the scene. Then you have to search for them one by one... and if you have several rigs that are the same in one scene, you have to search which Debris White is the one that is part of your first rig, which one is the debris White of the second and so on. You get the idea. You are literally cleaning your game hierarchy for ours so they are again in the correct order. Completely defeating the purpose of multiple select, copy and paste...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    jcalle likes this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another one, the connections get lost when you cut/paste connected objects, in both modes, connection mode on or off. The funny thing is that it seems to work when you copy/paste it.

[​IMG]

Now I have to say it again, like @Phoebe said earlier, I don't know what I am here actually doing, pointing out all the different bugs that are still in the new multiple select tool in 2.3.1. Maybe because it was announced as one of the big additions to Buildbox 2 after 2 years of developing and it's something I was looking forward to a lot. Maybe because I know that if I do so, it's much more realistic that the bugs get fixed as you say yourself @Andy: send a bbdoc and we can make sure the bugs get fixed. But is this really necessary that we customers have to show off what is not working instead of you guys seeing these bugs yourself just by using a little bit the software? I really don't understand the approach... but I guess this is what it is. I can't recall how much time I have spent explaining things that do not work instead of developing games haha.

Lamora likes this.
  16. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

Seems like that they have abandoned 2.3 and started fresh with 3.0. They probably got some coding newbie doing updates on 2.3. I hope Nick from Buildbox isn't putting out this junk. I wonder if they are still using the Cocos2D Engine for 3.0? As far as I know Cocos2D is only for 2D games. One positive thing I can say is that Sean from Technical Support and @Andy do stay on top of our problems and help as much as they can. They must be pulling their hair out with these bugs as well.

Christoph likes this.
  17. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

@Phoebe I cringed when you put a link to a competitors software on this forum. But then again I had a changed of heart when I remembered that we are giving $100 a month to Bugbox. So fair game. I can't wait to try this software out.

18. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

You bought MC2. I thought if you bought MC2 you got early access to BB3.0? You don't have BB3.0?

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug that might be very easy to fix in case it's not a 'feature': When the connection to Buildbox server is lost and then gained again by clicking on 'Retry', the preview doesn't work anymore. I have to close Buildbox completely in order to keep developing.

20. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

For this one... when the balls get out of sync you are moving them with the keyboard, right? I didn't have the issue when using the mouse/trackball. I can see it for sure when using the arrow keys for movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.