Color Switch

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Machine Rises, Dec 6, 2015.

1. benneybowy

benneybowy Boxer

That mess up big times , means all the existing users ad rev after December still won't be heading your way. Surely if you own the IP apple and google can transfer the app to your account to so you can do an update. Makes you wanna stay clear of publishers.

2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

@Machine Rises Do you know when will it be back on the App Store?

3. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

4. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

Sorry people. Almost nothing can be done about clones and copies. Just about every game or gameplay is a clone, copy, or remake of another game anyway. You have to make your game unique in some way. It's a battle of who succeeds with the most downloads. Take for instance Color Switch. David and his publisher would lose money if they went after every copied or cloned game of Color Switch. These clones and copies aren't making much revenue and these people will never succeed and reach the top without creativity and skills. And if an exact copy of your game ever broke the top ranks on the market it will be taken down anyway. So let people eat your crumbs and you worry about making the bread. The hardest part about this is not making the game, it's marketing, packaging, and user retention.

5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Actually some of the biggest publishers focus on hitting the top charts WITH clones, and unless your personally pursue a clone and issue a DMCA notice to Apple, it won’t get removed and could very well make more money than the original. Even then it must breach your copyright and be almost identical. It’s a tough industry.

Fortunately most clones come after the original has already made its mark.
    But you’re right, the time you’d spend chasing down these clones is better spent creating new content :)

I’m really hoping Color Switch is re-released soon though.

6. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I remember that Voodoo literally STOLE the "Slope" game made by a boxer. I haven't published much if someone clones my game (my hard work) I'd go insane.

7. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Why are you promoting it?
    In the original Color Switch thread of all places o_O

9. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Where did I promote it? I wonder why @Machine Rises doesn't claim DMCA report for this clone.
    @AaroArts By the way do you know the meaning for "promotion" in terms of a mobile game?...

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Of course, but I was using “promotion” in terms of publicising it, not by way of marketing.

Either way, I really hope Color Switch comes back soon.

11. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Hey guys thanks for all the concern! Im busy getting Color Switch ready for a relaunch currently with my team. It’s actually a very exciting new chapter for myself as well as the game. This was not a financial decision because I would actually be making more money now than what I was. This was a decision based off of me being able to sleep at night knowing I did the right thing from my point of view no matter the cost. Believe it or not this was not a hard decision. I spent a year in Iraq and had to make some of the hardest decisions in my life as a medic.

It took me 36 years of experiences to create something that could connect with so many people and there is no way I would ever let anyone take that from me. No one was there with me when I created Color Switch and therefore no one else has any claim to it. There comes a time in all our lives where you will be faced with a choice to go the easy way or to go the hard way. The hard way ends up being the easy way though, a quote I can’t recall where I got. Anyway don’t fret because Color Switch will be back soon plus much much more;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    jcalle, BTC Studio, and249 and 9 others like this.
  12. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises Color Switch was a big success and by taking full control in your own hands we all hope Color Switch 2 and other new upcoming games will also touch new milestones and be a great hit. Your work was always inspiring to us and we are hopefully looking forward to it.
    Best Of Luck For Your Release. :)

swiftcurrent likes this.
  13. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Best of luck for your new release! I will definitely download this game. Can't wait!

14. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Which one is number one? Is it Flappy Bird?

15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I would of thought so o_O

16. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

How time flies :)

Benfont, and249 and AaroArts like this.
  17. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

I agree with you.

18. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Hi David! When will you release color switch 2? I am looking forward for it.

19. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

The day it is released I will post here:cool:

20. zoobi

zoobi Boxer

Man this game is so overrated, this game wont go up no where without fortafy and Zeb Jaffer
    As ketchapp and Voodoo all the games are in same level some good some better
    But what is really behind it all is very experienced oil promotion machine it all about how you promote your game
    Fortafy and Zeb know how to do thta also voodoo and ketchapp
    Instead kiss their asses we can unite and learn by ourselves
    Their games not better then yours, and if they are so you aren't doing something right
    And about how to promote can be done with reverse engenieerd

I post a topic on it and the general forum - have a look if you guys would like