Buildbox 2.3.1

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Evening Andy I have a massive amount off errors when building project Apk in Android studio where as it would build in 2.3. But now not same BBDOC exported have mailed support with the errors

2. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Andy now i am making some games and problems with export right i can ignore because i will not publish right now but problems with functions i don´t want to handle. I really want to use 2.3.1 because i want to use new features but also i want functions working fine. If you fiz the randomizer its enough to me at least right. How to get this hot fix? Just send an e-mail to support?

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Just email support, they will make sure that we understand your exact problem and verify that it gets fixed. When fixed we may be able to give you a build that includes the fix if it's a critical need for you.

4. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Andy will my MC2 licence be useable on 2.2.9 I need to be able to build so I an see what' going on screen wise. Till exporting is sorted on 2.3

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can't take a BBDOC file from 2.3 and open it in 2.2.9. If you do need access to 2.2.9 just email support@buildbox.com.

6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

What happened to the remove unused images etc? Just shows remove unused sounds. I have like 50 unused images in the atlas and cant remove them....

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It's automatic now (in 2.3+). Most likely there really are not any unused images in your BBDOC. I'm not aware of any situation where this is not working properly. If you truly believe they are unused and should be removed please email support@buildbox.com so we can see what's up.

9. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

I have also sometimes unused images in atlas. But when i click on „rebuild“ or „optimize“ most of the unused images are gone. Sometimes you have to restart BB and try again with „optimize“

Merry Christmas

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, thanks, good point. You do still need to "Optimize" from the Atlas editor.

11. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Maybe New update next erro and can we Start 2018 Happy? :)

12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, when i check atlas they are there. I optimize and they are all still there.

13. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@OneHitGamer if you can provide an example it would help. We're removing them automatically... so there is a problem on either our end or your end. I won't know unless I have an example that I can examine. You can send to support@buildbox.com (preferable) if you don't want to provide anything here.

AppNasty likes this.
  14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok, so i was playing around with a mr driller style game. I loaded the SWIPE BOARD template, added in objects. removed objects. optimized atlas, some disappear but the colored blocks stay....no matter what i do. Oh and they are NOT in use anywhere. When i click them to manually delete, BB says they are in use and cannot remove them. All i did was drag them in...change settings....then removed them on left menu. Never put them in a menu or anything else.
    [​IMG]

REMOVED OBJECTS
    [​IMG]

OPENED ATLAS
    [​IMG]

OPTIMIZED ATLAS
    [​IMG]

BLOCKS ARE STILL THERE.
    [​IMG]

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

AppNasty likes this.
  16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, I immediately loaded the BBDOC and Optimized the atlases. Got it down to this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn8kmkdhzixznwa/Screenshot 2017-12-26 23.18.15.png?dl=0

Now I did forget to mention a couple things. If images/objects are still in your undo buffer then they are still in use and won't be removed. I think that might be what happened here. There may be some other similar cases where deleted objects/images might not clear until you save and/or reload the file.

Now I believe there are a couple images that may still be stuck in there... I'm going to send to the development team to check that out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    AppNasty likes this.
  17. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Oddly, i cannot view that image. lol says i don't have permission. anyways, yes that makes sense. Hopefully its an easy fix for the dev team. Thanks bud.

18. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Strange, I'll edit and put a link to the image in there as well.

19. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Rename the bbdoc to rar . Open it with WinRAR Go to the Image dir, delete the Not use Image and Close it . Rename IT to bbdoc and open it, than Go to atlases and rebuild it . Its a very very very old Bug ;)

LBPToo likes this.
  20. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.