NextPeer Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ajcoryat, Dec 3, 2015.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Has anyone tried NextPeer on their BB games?
    Checking to see if there are any issues like Project Zero games had with integration.

2. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Really? No-one?

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

IMHO, it's probably not possible to integrate NextPeer, but I don't know exactly what is involved.

4. fieldsg22

fieldsg22 Boxer

I like this as well. I am new to BuildBox with the 2.0 upcoming. Nextpeer would be a nice addition, and give the developer to setup in games. I see games with this, and it benefits.

5. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

I went to read the documentation and it looks like feasible although will require manual work into modifying the scripts at code level that is something non everybody is confident to do by themselves. I hear that BB is looking into multiplayer so, I would rather go for an in-built solution and not one where I would have to do all the work from scratch at every build and for every platform: it really defeats the purpose of using Buildbox to begin with.

ajcoryat likes this.
  6. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I started to try and integrate NextPeer. But when asked to put in a line at "didfinishwithoptions", NP is saying put it in AppDelegate.m but BB uses AppController.m so I am getting a semantic error. :(

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It's because BB is based on cocos2d-x (C++) so there are some differences from the normal Obj-C. You can combine Obj-C and C++ code if you can find the right places to put everything. AppController and AppDelegate should be about the same thing. But it's advisable if you know a programmer to get some help.

netkomm and ajcoryat like this.