Multiple Characters In A Single Scene??

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Skrubzy, Nov 29, 2017.

1. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Add the Joystick to the World UI, but do not make contact with the other buttons.
    Next, modify the parameters in the character.

Attached Files:

2. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Would I still need to change the character gameplay settings if I want the joystick to move an object, instead of the character?

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think the Joystick is ONLY to move the character.

4. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Ugh that sucks...does anyone have an idea of how to "hack" it so that objects can be affected by the joystick? Maybe teleport an invisible character inside the drag-able object when it is tapped, and temporally attach the object to the character somehow

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can connect the character to an object, but thong in mind that the movement of the character or the object, will be made both at the same time.

There are some actions that are currently not possible.

6. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I don't actually need a character in my game, I'm using objects instead so the player can interact with multiple things at once -- without mimicking the movement. The character can just be invisible and teleport to where-ever the player taps, all I need now is a solution to temporally attach the character to whatever object the player is currently touching.

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

If you want to drag and drop, that is not possible.

8. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

More like "drag and release", but I'm almost certain I could find a work-a-round for this. Color Switch came up with a way to only access certain colors of a moving circle, which sounds almost impossible to do with BuildBox 1

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You can have different objects with separate advanced moves, and separate controls.

10. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I know, but the Joystick (What I need) only controls the character, and the event doesn't show up in the advanced move component.

11. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Does anyone know how I can get around this? Maybe it would work using the scripting feature in BuildBox 3? It's the main mechanic of my game :(

EDIT: I should probably make a new forum post...the original question was answered already

12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

What is it you’re trying to achieve?

13. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

The joystick works exactly like I need, except it only controls the character. I want a way to make it control objects (Or some other alternative way to "drag and release" objects)

14. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You can’t do that with Buildbox unless you link your character to an object.

There is a video on YouTube somewhere that shows how to link a character to different objects and change objects in the same scene by colliding with an Action and inheriting the objects connection.

You could try that, otherwise you’ll need to adjust your gameplay.

15. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Any chance you could link the video? I can't find it

16. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I’ll try to find it.
    But basically you connect the object to an action, and collect the action with your character, so now that object is connected to the character.

17. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

If I have multiple actions connected to multiple objects in my scene, would the character be attached to every one? I want to find a way so the character is only attached to the last action/object it interacted with.

18. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Connect an object to an action.
    Make the character collect the action and it will inherit the objects connected to that action for the length of time the action is set for.

20. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Object as enemy: https://gyazo.com/2ba2c9ca5db6a560686c2d3bd79bea70 I don't even know how to explain this...I swapped the connections, and set the action to "invincible" (because it kept ending the game immediately)

Object as platform: https://gyazo.com/fa89dcd6f572d65e9deb671c6f6dd0ce This works...better?

Object as physics object: https://gyazo.com/418daa5ddcd812fbd4da2a2e98b01b7a This works, but is there any way to have an enemy object work this way?